EdD, MSN, RN, Director, School of Nursing
- 2011: Ed.D. Educational Leadership, California State University Stanislaus,
- Dissertation: Critical Thinking: Using Student Narrative to Understand Women's Evolving Role in the Birth Experience.
- 2003: Masters Degree in the Science of Nursing, and Post-Secondary Education,
California State University, Sacramento, CA
- Thesis/Project: Development of a Self-Directed Nursing Skills Laboratory
- 2002: School Nursing Services Credential, California State University,
- 1996: Bachelors Degree in the Science of Nursing, University of Phoenix,
- 1983: Associates Degree in the Science of Nursing, Ohlone Community College,
Maternity and Women's Health Care
Neonatal Intensive Care
Basic Medical Surgical Nursing
2011 - Present:
Director - School of Nursing, California State University, Stanislaus
Tenured Associate Professor of Nursing
- Holistic Academic Review Committee member 2012
- Student Nurse Extern Coordinator
- Master's Thesis Chair X 3 and committee member X2
- School of Nursing Graduate Committee member
- University Dean search committee for College of Human and Health Sciences
- University Assistant Dean search committee for University Extended Education
2002 - 2011:
Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
California State University, Stanislaus
- Assistant Director pre-licensure program
- Song-Brown Grant award 2012 - $240,000 - Ranked 1st in state
- Song-Brown Grant award 2011 - $240,000 - Ranked 1st in state
- Song-Brown Grant award 2010 - $240,000 - Ranked 1st in state
- Song-Brown Grant award 2009 - $240,000 - Ranked 6th in state
- Assessment Leadership Team
- Assessment Nursing Program Director
- College of Human and Health Sciences Curriculum Committee
- Designed and implemented Self-Directed Nursing Skills Laboratory based on Masters
- Designed and implemented Clinical Care Plans for Medical-Surgical, Maternal-Child, and Mental Health Nursing.
- Designed and implemented Clinical Evaluation Tool used in every clinical specialty.
- Designed and implemented Medication and Physical Assessment evaluation tools used in every clinical rotation.
- Implemented Pediatric clinical immersion program with Children's Center of Central California.
- Designed and Implemented Student Nurse Extern Program 6 units trimester
- Curriculum committee participant Standard III Chair Curriculum and Teaching Learning Practices
- Nursing Department Academic Senator - 4 years
- Nursing Department Library Liaison - 3 years
- Nursing Department Scholarship Committee Chair - 3 years
- Taught 12 units every semester:
- NURS 2820 Nursing Skills Laboratory
- NURS 3820 Reproductive Health
- NURS 3800 Pediatric Nursing
- NURS 4510 Nursing Communication
- NURS 4820 Senior Seminar
- NURS 4830 Senior Practicum
- NURS 2910 Medical Surgical Clinical
- NURS 3830 Reproductive Health Clinical
- NURS 3810 Pediatric Clinical
- NURS 4010 Issues facing the Profession
- NURS 3320Leadership & Management, Writing Proficiency Course
- NURS 3850 Maternal Child Clinical
- NURS 5210 Curricula. Design, and Evaluation
2001 - 2002:
Nursing Faculty, Department of Nursing
Modesto Junior College
- Taught 12 units
- Medical Surgical Theory
- Medical Surgical Clinical
- Skills Laboratory
- Tutoring for failing students
- Curriculum committee member
2000 - 2001:
Modesto City Schools
- 3 school sites: 2 Elementary, 1 Junior High = approx 8,000 students
- Member of the IEP Committee
- Conducted hearing & vision screening on all K, 2nd, 5th, & 8th grade students.
- Conducted scoliosis screening on all 8th grade students
- Managed on-site Immunization clinics
- Managed on-site State Mandated Physical Assessment clinics
1998 - 2000:
Elk Grove Unified School District
- 4 school sites: 3 Elementary, 1 Junior High = approx 10,000 students
- Member of the IEP committee
- Conducted hearing & vision screening on all K, 2nd, 5th & 8th grade students.
- Conducted scoliosis screening on all 8th grade students.
- Conducted on-site TB screening
- Managed on-site Immunization clinics
- Designed and implemented Insulin pump management for insulin dependent junior high students.
1997 - 1998:
Mercy General Hospital, Mercy Healthcare
- Supervision of 500 bed hospital
- Triage cardiac patients from pre-op to discharge
- Designed and Implemented patient tracking system
- Managed staffing for oncoming shift for entire house
1995 - 1997:
PHAMIS Computerized Charting Team, Maternal/Child Nursing
- Designed and developed nursing computer charting screens for Mercy Healthcare of Central California.
- Labor & Delivery, Obstetrics, Newborn Nursery, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and Pediatrics.
1983 - 2000:
Methodist Hospital, Mercy Healthcare
- Neonatal Advance Life Support Nurse and trainer
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Nurse
- Labor & Delivery Nurse
- Post-Partum Nurse
- Newborn Nursery Nurse
- Pediatric Nurse
- Medical Surgical Nurse
- Charge Nurse
- Labor & Delivery scrub and circulation nurse
- Developed curriculum and trained all nurses to scrub and circulate in Labor & Delivery Operating Room
- Nurse Preceptor for BSN nursing students CSU, Sacramento
- Nurse of the Year award
- Developed and designed Skills Round-Up Days for department yearly certification.
2009: Manuscript The Genogram: Enhancing Student Appreciation of Family Genetics
The Journal of Nursing Education, published April, 2009, vol.48, (4).
2009: Reviewer for Leek Patho Phalsh! Pathophysiology Flash Cards (2010). F. A. Davis.
2008: Manuscript collaboration Integrating Simulation Across the Curriculum, Nurse Educator, published September/October 2008, vol.33, (5).
2008: Reviewer for Nagtalon-Ramos, Clinical Coach for Maternity Nursing (2008). F. A. Davis Company.
2008: Reviewer for Littleton & Engrebetson Maternal, Neonatal, and Womens Health Nursing (2008). Delmar-Cengage Learning.
2008: Poster Presenter for 12th International Nursing Learning Resource Centers Conference, San Jose, CA. Skill Competency: An Imperative for Clinical Faculty.
2007: Poster Presentation, Self-Directed Nursing Resource Center, 7th National Conference on Nursing Skills Laboratories, San Antonio, Texas.
2007: Poster Presentation, Integrating Simulation Throughout the Curriculum, AACNs 2007 Hot Issues Conference, Denver, CO.
2004: Poster Presentation, Self-Directed Nursing Skills Lab, Mosbys Faculty Development Conference, San Diego CA
2004 - Present: Sigma Theta Tau, Rho Tau Chapter
1997 - Present: CSNO, California School Nurses Organization, Central California
1988 - Present: AWHONN, Association of Womens Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses