What is happening?
Stanislaus State will be limiting the number of students admitted to pre-nursing starting Fall 2021. Additional criteria will be required for freshmen admission to pre-nursing as outlined below.
Pre-nursing is a designation for undeclared students who intend to apply to the nursing program.
Why declare pre-nursing impaction?
Goal: Priority enrollment in PN prerequisites
- Greater likelihood of PN students being admitted to pre-licensure program
Goal: Provide early advising and redirection of students unlikely to be admitted to nursing
Admission Screening Criteria
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher in grades 10, 11, and 12
- High school English GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Weighted math GPA of 3.5 or higher and completion of an approved year-long math course beyond Algebra 2 (C- or better)
- High school biology and chemistry with a grade of B or better
These criteria are for Fall 2021 will be re-evaluated after each admission cycle.
Supplemental Application Material
The following supplemental criteria will be evaluated for students who satisfy the initial screening criteria.
- Permanent residency in the University’s six-county service region
Supplemental criteria will be re-evaluated after each admission cycle.
For More Information
For additional information about Pre-Nursing Impaction, please contact Enrollment Services.