What is happening?
Stanislaus State will be limiting the number of students admitted to pre-nursing. Additional criteria will be required for freshmen admission to pre-nursing.
Pre-nursing is a designation for undeclared students who intend to apply to the nursing program.
Why declare pre-nursing impaction?
Goal: Priority enrollment in PN prerequisites
- Greater likelihood of PN students being admitted to pre-licensure program
Goal: Provide early advising and redirection of students unlikely to be admitted to nursing
Admission Screening Criteria
- SAT EI of 3600 or higher
- Or equivalent ACT EI
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- 10th, 11th, 12th Grades
- Score of 440 or higher in
SAT Evidence Based Reading and Writing
- Or equivalent ACT English subscore
- Ready to take college-level statistics
- High school biology and chemistry with grade of B or better
These criteria will be re-evaluated after each admission cycle
Supplemental Application Material
The following supplemental criteria will be evaluated for students who satisfy initial screening criteria.
- Permanent residency in the University’s six-county service region
- Competency in a foreign language
- Healthcare experience
Supplemental criteria will be re-evaluated after each admission cycle
For More Information
For additional information, please email email@example.com