Although a live audition is preferred, prospective students who live more than 250 miles away and are not able to attend an in-person audition may submit a high-quality video recording of their audition repertoire.
Before sending any video materials:
Go through the steps on the Entrance and Scholarship Audition Page:
How to submit your video:
- The audition committee accepts high quality video recordings. All videos must be uploaded to sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, etc. We do not accept DVDs, or VHS tapes.
- All videos must be recent and be unedited. Each selection must be performed in one take.
- Recording materials must not exceed 10 minutes (including all pieces), and include ONLY the required audition repertoire for your instrument/voice (see Entrance and Scholarship Audition homepage for link to repertoire requirements)
- Please email your video information to: MusicRecruitment@csustan.edu. Please include the following in your email:
- The link to your video
- Your personal information (full name, voice/instrument, contact info, etc.)
- List the complete titles of your selections and the full names of all composers.
- ALL AUDITION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC BEFORE THE FIRST POSTED AUDITION DAY (see website for date).