Register for the Genetic Counseling Admissions Match
Complete the online California State University Graduate Application for Admission Form and pay the $55 non-refundable application fee.
(Application deadline for Fall 2018 admission: January 1, 2018)
Please note: For the "Statement of Purpose" section of the online application, use the "Autobiographical Essay" section of the MS Genetics Supplementary Application in (Step 3) below.
Note: If you have not taken the GRE you may still apply pending the results. You may sign up to take the GRE by going to their website: Take the GRE
When registering to take the GRE, please use the following information:
- Institution Code and Recipient Code: Stanislaus State -- 4713
- Department Code for the GRE: 0210 (Genetics)
Please review the checklist(s) below for submitting your application.
- Register for the Genetic Counseling Admissions Match through National Matching Services
- Applied to Graduate School (Online) and paid the $55 non-refundable application fee
- Completed and emailed the Supplemental Application, CV/Resume and Autobiographical Essay to: MSGCStan@csustan.edu (please include your full name in the subject line)
- Two copies of official transcripts. Please request two copies of official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended other than Stanislaus State. Please use the following email when ordering official online transcripts: MSGCStan@csustan.edu, otherwise have your transcripts mailed to:
California State University Stanislaus
Department of Biological Sciences
One University Circle
Turlock, CA 95382
- Online request for three letters of recommendation
- Results (original copies) on the Graduate Records Exam (GRE). Mail to the same address provided above
All international applicants who have not completed three years of full-time study at the secondary or post-secondary level where English was the language of instruction must score at least 213 (computer-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Note: If you are a U.S. resident but attended a college or university located outside the United States, please visit the Office of International Education for information regarding requirements for international transcripts.
If you are a foreign student please visit the Office of International Education for information regarding requirements for TOEFL and international transcripts.
For Canadian applicants, you do NOT need to take the TOEFL exam, but you do need to provide the Certificate of Finance form.
Reapplying to the Program
Students reapplying to the program should submit:
- An updated Supplemental Application
- An updated CV/Resume
- An updated Autobiographical Essay
- Transcripts for any additional courses taken since last application
- Any new GRE scores
- One new letter of recommendation
Please email your completed application materials to: MSGCStan@csustan.edu