- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. To confirm regional accreditation of your institution, please search here.
- 2.5 minimum GPA in last 60 semester or 90 quarter units attempted.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Sent directly from testing agency
- A total of 1,000 points must be achieved based on the formula [200 times the overall GPA plus the GMAT score], or a total of 1,050 points based on the formula [200 times the upper-division GPA plus the GMAT score]. A minimum 470 GMAT score expected. For persons taking the GRE, the formula is: a total of 200 points must be achieved based on: [20 times the upper division GPA plus the average GRE score]. To first obtain the average GRE score, a person must add the two category scores (verbal and quantitative) and divide by 2.
- A minimum score of 3.5 in the "analytical writing" component of the exam is required.
- Scores at or above the 20th percentile in the verbal and quantitative categories must be achieved. Persons who score below the 20th percentile in either or both categories may be admitted on a conditional basis that requires them to take additional foundation coursework (remediate) as prescribed by the Online MBA Program. The total and analytical writing scores must be satisfied on the exam for a candidate to be eligible to remediate low percentage scores.
- Experience: Candidates must demonstrate a two-year record of relevant, full-time employment in a professional or supervisory role. Applicants wishing to enter the program without the required two year-experience may achieve a waiver of the work experience requirement by meeting a higher point score of 1150 points based on the formula [200 times the overall GPA plus the GMAT total score].
Community College Equivalent
|Course Number||Course Name||Available||Modesto Jr. College||Merced College||San Joaquin Delta College||Columbia College|
|ACC 2110||Financial Accounting||Stanislaus State Online||BUSAD 201 Financial Accounting||ACTG 4A Financial Accounting||Bus 1A Princ. Of Accounting||BUSAD 1A Prin. Of Accounting|
|ECON 2510||Microeconomics||Community College||ECON 102 Microeconomic||ECON 1B Intro to Microecon.||ECON 1B Prin. Of Microecon.||ECON 1 Prin. Of Microecon.|
|FIN 3220||Business Finance||Stanislaus State
|MGT 3310||Management Theory & Practice||Stanislaus State
|MKT 3410||Principles of Marketing||Stanislaus State
|MATH 1610||Statistics for Decision Making||Community College||MATH 134 Elementary Statistics||MATH 10 Elementary Statistics||MATH 12 Introduction to Probability and Statistics||MATH 2 Elements of Statistics|
Notes on Foundation Course Requirements:
- Must also have a computer literacy course, equivalent to Computer Information Systems 2000 Introduction to Business Computer Systems.
- Courses must be completed at same level (1000 and 2000 level courses are lower division; 3000 level courses are upper division).
- If completing courses at Stanislaus State and it has a prerequisite, the Online MBA Program does not require this be completed. Please contact the instructor directly and notify them of your situation and interest in enrolling in their class. It is the instructor's discretion if they will add students to their classes without appropriate prerequisites.
- Prior to registering for foundation courses, make sure to have your transcripts reviewed by the Online MBA Program Coordinator. She will be able to confirm if foundation courses have been satisfied or if any need to be completed. The Online MBA Program Coordinator must also approve foundation courses completed off campus. This will ensure the equivalent course is completed. To receive credit for foundation courses, if completed outside of Stanislaus State, official transcripts must be provided directly to the Online MBA Program office.
- Applicants whose native language is not English and undergraduate degree was instructed in a language other than English must take the TOEFL and have a minimum total score of 575 (or 213 electronic) with part scores of at least 54 (21 electronic), reported directly from the testing service. The IELTS will substitute the TOEFL, with a minimum Band score of 6.5.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by a third party agency. For a list of agencies and the required information on the evaluation, please see this document.
Please note, only California residents are eligible to apply to the online degree programs.