- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. To confirm regional accreditation of your institution, please search here.
- 2.5 minimum GPA in last 60 semester or 90 quarter units attempted.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Sent directly from testing agency
GMAT and GRE Score: Target score is based on undergraduate GPA at the time your university application is submitted; the higher your GPA the lower the acceptable score, as follows:
GMAT: Two Years of Work Experience*
- Overall GPA - Achieve 1,000 points:
- Formula: 200 x Overall GPA + GMAT score = 1,000
- Example: 200 x 2.5 GPA + 500 = 1,000 points
- Target GMAT score 470 or higher
- Upper Division (UD) GPA - Achieve 1,050 points:
- Formula: 200 x UD GPA + GMAT = 1,050 points
- Example: 200 x 2.5 UD GPA + 550 = 1050 points
GRE: Any work experience
- Upper Division (UD) GPA - Achieve 200 points:
- Formula: 200 x UD GPA + Average GRE = 200 points
- Example: 200 x 2.5 UD GPA + 150 = 200
- Average GRE score: add the two category scores (verbal and quantitative) and divide by 2.
Both GMAT and GRE require the following:
- 3.5 Analytical Writing
- 20th Percentile for Verbal and Quantitative
Persons who score below the 20th percentile in either or both categories may be admitted on a conditional basis that requires them to take additional coursework (remediate) as prescribed by the MBA Program. The total and analytical writing scores must be satisfied on the exam for a candidate to be eligible to remediate low percentage scores.
Experience: Candidates must demonstrate a two-year record of relevant, full-time employment in a professional or supervisory role.
*Applicants wishing to enter the program without the required two year-experience may achieve a waiver of the work experience requirement by meeting a higher point score of 1,150 points based on the formula (200 x the overall GPA + GMAT total score).
Business & Non-Business Undergraduate Courses
(must be satisfied prior to core/elective courses by non academic business background students)
Community College Equivalent
|Course||Level||Modesto Jr. College||Merced College||San Joaquin Delta College||Columbia College|
|ACC 2110 Financial Accounting||Lower-division||BUSAD 201 Financial Accounting||ACTG 4A Financial Accounting||Bus 1A Princ. Of Accounting||BUSAD 1A Prin. Of Accounting|
|ECON 2510 Microeconomics||Lower-division||ECON 102 Microeconomics||ECON 1B Intro to Microecon.||ECON 1B Prin. Of Microecon.||EOCN 1 Prin. Of Microecon.|
|FIN 3220 Business Finance||Upper-division||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|MGT 3310 Management Theory & Practice||Upper-division||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|MKT 3410 Principles of Marketing||Upper-division||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|MATH 1610 Statistics for Decision Making||Lower-division||MATH 134 Elementary Statistics||MATH 10 Elementary Statistics||MATH 12 Introduction to Probablity and Statistics||MATH 2 Elements of Statistics|
Note: Prior departmental approval will be required for foundation courses not listed. Contact the MBA Program (email@example.com) to confirm the insititution and equivalent foundation course.