- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. To confirm regional accreditation of your institution, please search here.
- 2.5 minimum GPA in last 60 semester or 90 quarter units attempted.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam
Sent directly from testing agency
- A total of 1,000 points must be achieved based on the formula [200 times the overall GPA plus the GMAT score], or a total of 1,050 points based on the formula [200 times the upper-division GPA plus the GMAT score]. For persons taking the GRE, the formula is: a total of 200 points must be achieved based on: [20 times the upper division GPA plus the average GRE score]. To first obtain the average GRE score, a person must add the two category scores (verbal and quantitative) and divide by 2.
- A minimum score of 3.5 in the "analytical writing" component of the exam is required.
- Scores at or above the 20th percentile in the verbal and quantitative categories must be achieved. Persons who score below the 20th percentile in either or both categories may be admitted on a conditional basis that requires them to take additional foundation coursework (remediate) as prescribed by the MBA Program. The total and analytical writing scores must be satisfied on the exam for a candidate to be eligible to remediate low percentage scores.
- Experience: Candidates must demonstrate a two-year record of relevant, full-time employment in a professional or supervisory role. Applicants wishing to enter the program without the required two year-experience may achieve a waiver of the work experience requirement by meeting a higher point score of 1150 points based on the formula [200 times the overall GPA plus the GMAT total score].
Business & Non-Business Undergraduate Courses
(must be satisfied prior to core/elective courses by non academic business background students)
Community College Equivalent
|Course||Level||Modesto Jr. College||Merced College||San Joaquin Delta College||Columbia College|
|ACC 2110 Financial Accounting||Lower-division||BUSAD 201 Financial Accounting||ACTG 4A Financial Accounting||Bus 1A Princ. Of Accounting||BUSAD 1A Prin. Of Accounting|
|ECON 2510 Microeconomics||Lower-division||ECON 102 Microeconomics||ECON 1B Intro to Microecon.||ECON 1B Prin. Of Microecon.||EOCN 1 Prin. Of Microecon.|
|FIN 3220 Business Finance||Upper-division||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|MGT 3310 Management Theory & Practice||Upper-division||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|MKT 3410 Principles of Marketing||Upper-division||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|MATH 1610 Statistics for Decision Making||Lower-division||MATH 134 Elementary Statistics||MATH 10 Elementary Statistics||MATH 12 Introduction to Probablity and Statistics||MATH 2 Elements of Statistics|
Note: Prior departmental approval will be required for foundation courses not listed. Contact the MBA Program (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm the insititution and equivalent foundation course.