Twelfth Annual Conference: March 17, 2012
K-12 teachers, school and county administrators are invited to participate in our Annual Conference. The all-day Conference will include a range of topics on current issues in K-12 mathematics education, including: trends in education reform, Common Core Standards, techniques for teaching ELLs, algebra in HS chemistry, orienteering, tips on using technology in the classroom, and tried and tested practical strategies from experienced teachers on reviewing and re-teaching with pizzazz. Registration is only $25 and will be held at California State University, Stanislaus from 9am to 3pm. Please mark your calendars and join us! (Professional development hours are available.)
- Tom Abram: Reflect with the Mira, leave your straight-edge and compass behind.
- Rick Bartkowski: Intro and Overview of CCMS for Grades K-6
- Michael Bice: Traction with Fractions
- Elmano Costa: Teaching Math to Students Who Barely Speak English - Yes We Can!
- Erin Cross: Motivating Students Through Mindset
- Kathi Dunham-Filson: Managing Math
- Brian Jue: The Needle of the Compass goes Round and Round...
- Dee Metcalf: Bring Math Alive with a 3X5!