In addition to one-on-one support and training, Learning Services offers a range of workshops and presentations each semester related to using technology in instruction.
Workshops are co-sponsored by the Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (FCETL) and held at the John Stuart Rogers Faculty Development Center (FDC - Building 30).
View the FCETL workshop schedule on the Faculty Center page under Publications.
Reservations are requested ahead of time to ensure the proper amount of materials are prepared for each session.
- Orientation: including Universal Design principles
- Exploration: Prepare, Manage, Organize
- Evaluation: Tests, Assignments, Performance
- Calculation: Grades
- Instrumentation: Bb Mobile, Respondus, TurnItIn, SafeAssign
- Implementation: AL$ (Affordable Learning Solutions)
Cool Tools & Topics
(semester offerings subject to change)
- Introduction to Blackboard Collaborate
- Introduction to Moodle
- Adobe Captivate
- Using Google Sites for Student Collaboration
- Copyright, Technology, and the TEACH Act
- Clicker Pedagogy and Best Practices