Beta Alpha Psi recognizes academic excellence and complements members' formal education by providing interaction among students, faculty, and professionals, and fosters lifelong growth, service and ethical conduct. For more information please visit Beta Alpha Psi.
Membership is by invitation only. Requirements are updated each semester. The following are some of these requirements:
- Completed Beta Alpha Psi Membership Application by the deadline specified in the letter of invitation.
- Establish an email account so we can contact you.
- Declared concentration in Accounting or Finance.
- Completion of ACC 3110 or FIN 4210 with a grade of B (GPA 3.0) or above.
- Maintain Overall, Stanislaus State, and upper-level Accounting or Finance GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- At least two semesters left at California State University, Stanislaus.
- Enrolled in postgraduate studies at California State University Stanislaus.
- Satisfy the above undergraduate requirements.
Required to be member in "Good Standing"
In Fall and Spring semesters, members are in "Good Standing" (this can be varied in consultation with faculty advisor) if they:
- Attend Welcome & Initiation Ceremony.
- Attend Fall Accounting Night Event and/or Meet the Firms Night.
- Contribute 2 hours of service activity (such as volunteer to be a Beta Alpha Psi tutor, and/or participate in VITA).
- Become a member of the Accounting Society and attend at least 2 Accounting Society/BAP meetings per semester, or attend two Finance Society Meetings per semester.
- Vote in Chapter elections.
- Attend College Awards Banquet.