Current Call for Proposals
2020-2021 Funding Cycle
The IRA application window will open on December 10, 2019 and close on February 28, 2020. A general timeline for the application and review process is below. Calls for proposals for 2020-2021 IRA funding will be completed using InfoReady.
The IRA Committee is now paperless! Applicants for 2020-2021 funding will use the InfoReady software commonly used in the Office of Research and Sponsored programs for submission of proposals. This software will help streamline the review process for both applicants and reviewers. The application window will open on the InfoReady portal on December 10, 2019 however, a list of application questions is listed below.
- Brief statement of program activities proposed.
- Number of students served and brief description of student population served.
- Degree to which proposed activity is instructionally related. Must address, at least partially, instructionally related outcomes.
- Degree to which the proposed activity promotes and enhances student opportunity for involvement and/or exposure, while remaining accessible to the general student population.
- Mitigation of risk(s) to the university (if applicable).
- Leveraging dollars - any existing, and/or non-IRA matching funds that support the proposal.
- If proposal is requesting an increase in funds from previous awards must include a statement detailing the reasons for the increase.
- Any other information illustrating how these activities support the goals of IRA funding (if applicable).
- Committee organizational meetings
- Prepare to open call for proposals
- Open call no later than the last day of fall semester
- Application period closes on February 28
March - April:
- Committee reviews proposals and makes recommendations to the President
- President reviews recommendations and makes final decision
- Applicants notified of the disposition of their proposals
The campus IRA guidelines strictly govern the eligibility requirements for IRA funding.