Welcome to Stanislaus State!
As a new benefits-eligible employee, there is a wealth of information available to you. This digital benefits packet provides all of the basic information you will need to select benefits and begin your enrollment. You must enroll within 60 days of hire to avoid a mandatory minimum 90 day waiting period. If you already know which plan(s) you would like, download and fill out the:
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Employees
If your offer letter includes a note about ACA healthcare eligibility, you are only able to enroll in medical (health) benefits at this time. (You may enroll in FlexCash instead of medical with proof of outside group coverage.) You must enroll within 60 days of hire to avoid a mandatory minimum 90 day waiting period. If you would like to accept the benefits, please fill out the following forms:
Your benefits begin the first of the month following your date of hire, as long as the Benefits Unit of the Human Resources Office receives your enrollment documents by the end of the month that you are hired.
*Faculty starting in the Fall are eligible for benefit coverage effective October 1. Faculty starting in the Spring are eligible for benefit coverage effective March 1.
To enroll, complete the Employee Benefits Enrollment/Change Worksheet and submit enrollment documents to the Benefits Unit of Human Resources, MSR320.
A Benefits Grid (PDF) featuring general information across all units is available.
For more specific details, please take a moment to review the documents below. They may help you figure out which benefits are available to you and how they apply, based on your bargaining unit:
- Academic Support Coordinator - Unit 4 (PDF)
- Faculty - Unit 3 (PDF)
- CMA Operating Engineers - Unit 10 (PDF)
- Confidential - C99 (PDF)
- Support Services (PDF)
- Health Care - Unit 2
- Operations - Unit 5
- Clerical/Administrative - Unit 7
- Technical - Unit 9
- Management Personnel Plan - MPP (PDF)
- Skilled Crafts - Unit 6 (PDF)
- Public Safety - Unit 8 (PDF)
- Physicians - Unit 1 (PDF)
- Teaching Associates - Unit 11 (PDF)
This section lists available health plans, their costs, and other information relating to health care coverage. To enroll, you must complete the Enrollment Worksheet and Declaration of Health Coverage documents and submit to the Benefits Unit of Human Resources located in MSR320.
- 2018 Health Benefits Summary (PDF) - Helping you make an informed choice about your health plan. In this document you will find health plan features and comparisons to make the choice that is best for you. You can also visit the Human Resources Health Care page to search for doctors within plans and see a wider selection of material.
- Employee Benefits Enrollment/Change Worksheet (PDF)
- Declaration of Health Coverage (PDF)
- Health Premium Rates (PDF)
Stanislaus State offers two dental plans: Delta Dental PPO and Delta Care USA HMO. There is no associated employee-paid monthly premium cost for these services. When reviewing the CSU Dental Program Overview, be sure to check which plan applies to your specific bargaining unit. If you don't know your bargaining unit, you may contact the Human Resources at (209) 667-3351.
Stanislaus State offers the Vision Services Plan (VSP). Enrollment is automatic for eligible employees and there is no associated employee-paid monthly premium.
- Vision Benefits Summary (PDF)
- VSP Premier Enrollment Form (PDF)
- VSP Computer Vision Glasses Form (PDF)
- VSP TruHearing Hearing Aid Discount Program (PDF)
- VSP Website
If you have group medical and/or dental coverage outside of the CSU, the FlexCash Plan pays you cash in lieu of CSU coverage. Under this plan the Flexcash medical benefit is $128 per month and dental benefit is $12 per month. To enroll in this benefit you must submit a completed CSU Flexcash form and furnish proof of medical and/or dental enrollment must be submitted to Human Resources, MSR320. We MUST receive your enrollment by the 3rd of the month for your Flexcash to be effective the 1st of the next month.
CalPERS | (888)-225-7377
Eligible Stanislaus State employees participate in CalPERS retirement, a 457(b) defined benefit program. More information can be found at the CalPERS website.
- CalPERS Retirement Benefits Book updated 11/2017 (PDF)
- CalPERS Public Safety Retirement Benefits Book updated 11/2017(PDF)
The University also provides information about voluntary retirement plans in the form of 403(b), 457(b), and 401(k) accounts through Fidelity Investments and Savings Plus programs:
Savings Plus 457(b) and 401(k) Plans | (855)-616-4776
- 2016 IRS Internal Revenue Code Limits and Comparisons Chart (PDF)
- Part-time, Seasonal, Temporary Retirement Plan (Savings Plus)
- Savings Plus website
Fidelity 403(b) Plan | (800) 343-3548
- 2016 IRS Internal Revenue Code Limits and Comparisons Chart (PDF)
- 2017 403(b) Plan Features (PDF)
- Fidelity Investments website
If you have specific questions related to retirement, please contact the Human Resources Department at (209)667-3351.
Health Care Reimbursement Account/Flex Debit Card
The Health Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts allow you to deduct money from your paycheck each month, to help pay for medical expenses later. This money is deducted on a pre-tax basis. You may also deduct funds to help pay for dependent care costs. Additionally, you can elect to have this money added to a debit card (managed by ASI Flex), to quickly and easily pay for healthcare purchases. For full details, contact the Human Resources Department at (209)667-3351.
- Health Care Reimbursement Account/Dependent Care Reimbursement Account Form (PDF)
- ASI Flex Debit Card Form (PDF)
- ASI Flex FSA Claim Form Dependent Care or Health Care (PDF)
- ASI Flex Website
- The MetLaw Legal Plan (PDF) offers eligible employees access to thousands of attorneys for consultation and services for a $21.70 monthly fee. You must enroll within the first 60 days of hire, or wait until the next open enrollment period. Visit the Hyatt Legal Plans website to enroll, or find more information.
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance is also available through The Standard insurance website. You must enroll within 60 days of hire to be eligible for the guaranteed coverage amounts. Enrollment after 60 days may be subject to medical screenings.
- The CSU Fee Waiver program allows an employee or their eligible dependent to attend any CSU at reduced cost. You may download the Employee Fee Waiver Application (PDF) or the Dependent Fee Waiver Application (PDF). Contact the Human Resources Department at (209)667-3351..
- CSYou Benefits Portal
- Stanislaus State Employee Benefits Website
- 2017-2018 Academic Year Calendar (PDF)
- Provider Directory (PDF)
- ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan (PDF)
- Savings Plus Future Value Calculator
- Mylifematters.com is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) administered through Life Matters.
If you still have questions beyond the material above, please contact the the Human Resources Department at (209)667-3351.