As a reminder, the CSU offers the 2 ½ month grace period extension from January 1, 2019 through March 15, 2019, for the 2018 HCRA/DCRA Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan year. This grace period ensures that participants have the opportunity to be reimbursed for 2018 FSA funds and avoid forfeiting money through the IRS “Use-or-Lose” rule.
FSA claims for services received or eligible expenses during the grace period will be automatically applied to any unused funds from the 2018 plan year if submitted by the claims filing deadline. If the claim exceeds the available funds from the previous plan year, any excess will be automatically applied to the 2019 plan year.
- The deadline to incur expenses during the 2 ½ month grace period is March 15, 2019 (for current participants and those enrolled through December 31, 2018).
- The deadline to submit 2018 claims for reimbursement is June 30, 2019.
After these deadlines have passed, all unused 2018 HCRA/DCRA account balances will be forfeited, per the IRS “Use-or-Lose” rule.
- Claims may be submitted to ASIFlex through their mobile app, online, by mail or fax. Information about these options are available at ASIFlex.com
- Eligible expenses for HCRA funds include sunscreen, most first aid kits, prescription glasses/sunglasses, mileage for use of an automobile to obtain health care. A listing of HCRA eligible items may be reviewed at ASIFlex.com.
- FSAStore includes 100’s of items available for purchase that are clearly labeled with a white check mark if FSA eligible. (Print out a receipt and submit a claim to ASIFlex to be reimbursed with HCRA funds.)
- ASIFlex mailed 2019 plan year statements to participants on January 17, 2019.