Summer Resident Assistant (RA)
DEPARTMENT: Housing and Residential Life
WORKING TITLE: Summer Resident Assistant (SRA)
APPOINTMENT STATUS(s): Volunteer
DAILY SUPERVISORS: Gabriella Nuñez & Alex Aust
LEAD ADMINISTRATOR: Heather Pearson Villeda
Under the general supervision of the Associate Director for Residential Life, and the day-to-day lead direction of the Residential Life Coordinators, the Summer Resident Assistant (SRA) facilitates the social and personal adjustment of students to the Village and University.
Candidates will also have the option to apply for a dual appointment as a Summer Conference Assistant (SCA). It is not mandatory for candidates to work as a Summer Conference Assistant, as candidates will have the option to hold both positions, pending results from application process. Summer Conference Assistants will hold an appointment as a University Volunteer. All appointments require that the individual be on file with the University as a volunteer and have read and agreed to abide by the appointment specifications contained in this document.
Information about the SCA position with application instructions and deadlines will be posted at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/student-employment/job-opportunities.
- Foster and inspire strong, inclusive communities by building personal relationships with residents, planning and hosting social events and offering personal support to summer resident students in their academic, social and personal growth.
- Attend training sessions between May 1st and May 4th ▪ Serve on-call on a bi-weekly duty rotation.
- Provide front desk office coverage during evenings and weekends.
- Summer Resident Assistants must be committed to the mission and identity of the campus on which they work, and to the staff team of which they are a part.
- Represent Housing & Residential Life as needed at New/Transfer Student Orientations.
- Serve as role models to their residents and display ethical behavior at all times.
- Plan and host programs and social events for residents.
- Enforce Housing Policies and address and document violations as needed. ▪ Provide excellent customer service to all residents, guests, prospective residents and parents. ▪ Students must live in Housing during the duration of this appointment.
- Student must complete the Housing Application.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
Tentative appointment dates for the Summer RA position: May 25, 2020 – August 8, 2020. Position is expected to participate in training between May 1 – May 4, 2020.
Summer RAs will receive in-kind support in the form of a single room in the hall of assignment for the summer and a summer parking pass. Approximate value is $3,235.39. Please note this is not a paid, hourly position.
The application packet contains additional information for the Summer Resident Assistant Position. Interested applicants can pick up a packet from the Housing Office or print their own copy.
Please review the information for the SRA position and complete the listed steps:
1) Submit all application materials from this packet to the Housing Office on or before 12pm, Wednesday, April 1, 2020. No late applications will be considered.
2) Individual Interviews will be taking place from April 6 – April 9. You will be notified via phone call or email notification on April 3 if you have been selected to complete an individual interview. At that time, Housing and Residential Life staff will schedule your interview time.
3) After Individual Interviews are completed, selected candidates will be notified on or before April 10 with information about their status. They will have one week to accept.
If you have any questions about the Summer RA position, please contact the Housing Office at 209-667-3675.