Event Services How to

Overview | How to | Policies | ResourcesContacts

Step-by-step instructions for tasks related to planning and holding events on the CSU Stanislaus campus:

How can I see what events are scheduled on the CSU Stanislaus Campus?

All campus events are listed on the 25Live Calendar

  • When the R25 calendar opens the non-class events for the current day are listed.
  • To view non-class events for another day click on the date in the calendar at the right of the screen.  Because there are so many events per day it is not advisable to click on the week or month view.
  • To view events according to an event type (i.e., Art Events, Community Events, Athletic Calendar, Faculty Events, etc.) click on the group title (filter) in the column on the right of the screen.  This will cause the non-class events to be filtered to the specific event type.

How do I use the Events Calendar to see what campus venues are available?

  • Go to 25Live Non-Class Events
  • Click on "Locations" in gray R25 header.  This will take you to the default calendar showing the MSR Conference Rooms for the current month.  If the hour block is filled in the room is booked for that time period. 
  • For other locations see the list on the right of the screen (e.g., Arts Complex, Classroom Building, etc.).  Click on the grouping to see the various spaces in that location group (i.e. Dining Facility includes Main Dining, MSR Café, etc.)
  • You can change the date ranges by clicking on the calendar in the right column.  You can view by day, by week, and by month.

How can I submit a reservation for a student organization sponsored event?

Please contact the Student Leadership and Development Department for assistance in scheduling all student events and activities

How do I schedule catering for my event?

Chartwells is the exclusive food service provider for California State University, Stanislaus.  Please contact the Catering Office at 209-667-3634 and a professional catering manager will assist you with the planning of your event.

Special Catering menus for Students are available at http://www.dineoncampus.com/Documents/csustan/Catering/order-form.jpg

How can I get approval to have a potluck on campus?

To ensure the health and safety of our campus community any food provided to and/or sold to the public must comply with the Temporary food Permit Policy, and fill out a Temporary Food Permit Application

For food safety instructions go the Risk Management Temporary Food Service web page

How do I get approval to sell food on campus?

Food service on campus is regulated by the CSU Stanislaus Food Policy, California Retail Food Code (CalCode), with guidance from the Stanislaus County Department of Environmental Resources.  Proper compliance with this process will assure liability coverage.

Students wishing to sell food on campus must file a Temporary Food Permit Application.

For food safety instructions go the Risk Management Temporary Food Service web page

What do I need to do to schedule campus services for my event?

Facilities Services: Submit a Facilities Services Work Order.

  • Risk Management: Go to the Risk Management website, Special Event Safety Planning, for complete instructions and guidelines.  This site provides you with complete information about:
    • Special Event Insurance
    • Consent & Release of Liability
    • Events with Alcohol
    • First aid Stations
    • State fire Marshal Permit
    • Parking
    • Security
    • Temporary Food Service
  • Keep in mind that there may be a charge for campus services, depending upon the nature of the event.

How do I pay for campus services?

Appropriate account numbers must be provided when completing the event reservation.  The charge will be processed as an invoice to the campus organization.  The campus service providers can provide you with cost estimates prior to the event.

How do I pay guest speakers?

Pay guest speakers on Buying & Paying web page

How to I pay off-campus vendors?

Pay vendors on Buying & Paying web page

How do I cancel an event?

Please contact the Events Services Office to cancel your event. 209-667-3913