Commercial Operations How To

Overview | How to | Policies | Resources | Forms | Contacts

Step-by-step instructions for tasks related to Commercial Operations:

Campus Bookstore

The operation of CSU Stanislaus Bookstore is contracted with Barnes & Noble College Booksellers.  They are the exclusive provider of textbooks sales (hard copy & digital), textbook rentals, and materials published, distributed electronically and /or through learning management systems, sold in-store, or over the internet.  In addition they are the campus provider (in-store and on-line) of:

  • apparel (logo wear) for men, women, youth, infants and toddlers 
  • gifts and accessories (diploma frames, laptop sleeves & bags, backpacks, drinkware, personal accessories, and school spirit accessories) 
  • supplies and electronics (computers and accessories, dorm essentials, school supplies, specialty supplies) 

How can I purchase textbooks at the campus bookstore?

At the time you register for a class you can immediately order the textbook for that class by clicking a button.  You can then request that the books be shipped to their residence or be retained at the campus bookstore for pickup.  Texts are also available in the bookstore, arranged on shelves by course name and number.  The bookstore also stocks for sale class packets of additional information required by a specific professor.

Many textbooks are offered in other formats/options to provide students with cost alternatives:

  • Etextbooks & Nookstudy (digital downloadable version of the physical textbook works on both PC and Mac platforms, and can be used on up to 2 computers)
  • Textbook Rental (saves an average of 50% when compared to a new, printed textbook) link to B&N textbook rentals

For more details and FAQs about each option visit the Barnes & Noble website.

How do I sell my textbook back to the bookstore at the end of the term?

Take you textbooks to the bookstore at the end of the term to get up to 50% cash back.  Finals week is the best time to get the most cash back.  Books must include all original materials (CDs, workbooks, etc.) and a Student ID or identification may be required at the time of buyback.  Check with the bookstore for more details.

Campus Dining

If I will be residing on campus how do I purchase a Meal Plan?

To purchase a Residential Meal Plan, visit the Housing and Residential Life website

Meal Plan FAQs

If I don't use all my meals in one semester, do they carry over to the following semester?

Meals DO carry over from semester to semester but not from year to year.  It is important that you select your meal plan based on your academic schedule and desired eating patterns in order to get the greatest value.

What happens to my unused Flex Dollars at the end of the academic year?

Flex Dollars carry over from semester to semester; however funds must be used by the time the dining venues closed on the last day of contract (move-out day).  So make sure that you budget your Flex so you don't run out or have too much.

Can I change my Plan once the semester has begun?

Yes! Because Dining Services realizes that your schedules may change at the beginning of the semester, you have the option of changing your meal plan within the first two weeks of each semester.

Can I add additional funds to my Meal Plan?

If you run out of Flex Dollars you may add more at any point throughout the year!  Go to "purchase a plan click on the “Buy Now” button on the Purchase a Meal Plan web page. If you want the additional cost billed to your student account, contact the Housing Office at 209-667-3675 or email

How can a student order on-campus catering?

Place an order using the student catering link.


Who do I contact to report a vending machine problem?

To report a non-working machine or need for product refill call the ABS Commercial Operations Manager at 209-667-3970.

How can I get a refund for money lost in a vending machine?

To receive a refund go to the Main Cashiers Office, MSR Suite #100.

Warrior Card

How do I obtain a Warrior Card?

Students are required to obtain a Warrior Card at the time of enrollment.  Many students receive their Warrior Card when they attend New Student Orientation (NSO).

Effective Monday, January 22, 2018, Warrior Cards will be handled at the University Library. Those needing Warrior Cards may go to Circulation on the 2nd floor. Card printing will be available during all library open hours except 30 minutes before closing time.

Students, faculty and staff do not pay for their first Warrior Card. Replacement cards may be purchased for $5.00. Additionally, faculty and staff needing to have their picture taken for door access may do so without charge.

For more information, please contact Circulation at (209) 667-3234.

How is my Meal Plan accessed with my Warrior Card?

Residential Students are required to participate in the Meal Plan program.  Payment is made each semester along with tuition and other fees.  Meal Plan information for each student is uploaded to the Warrior Card.  Block Meals and Flex Dollars are accessed with your Warrior Card at any Campus Dining location.  Meal Plan dollars must be used prior to the end of the academic year.  
More information

How do I put Warrior Cash on my Warrior Card?

Anyone can add a Warrior Cash account to their Warrior Card.  Adding value to Warrior Cash is easy and can be in any dollar amount. 

  • Add value on line at You can add a “one-time amount” or set up a “recurring allowance” 
  • Add value by phone at 1-866-575-7826, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.  A service fee of 2.8% applies to online or by phone deposits (Mastercard, Visa, & Discover Card accepted)
  • Cash-to-Card in the first floor lobby of the Library Building ($1, $5, $10, $20 bills accepted (no coins or refunds available)

What should I do if my Warrior Card is lost or stolen?

As soon as you realize that your Warrior Card is missing, you should immediately report it so that the accounts and other privileges associated with the card can be deactivated. 

Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately by calling Warrior Card Customer Service at 1-866-575-7826, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST or by visiting My Account, available 24/7.

How to get a replacement Warrior Card?

To receive your replacement card, you must visit one of the Warrior Card issuing offices.

There is a $5 fee for your first replacement card and $10 per card thereafter.

Please contact with questions. 

What local businesses accept Warrior Cash?

For a current list of accepting locations go to the Warrior Card web site, Accepting Locations 

How to Link My Warrior Card to My Wells Fargo Checking Account?

To link your Warrior Card to your Wells Fargo checking account, take your card to a local Wells Fargo Branch and see a banker.

Wells Fargo Locations:

  • 2844 Geer Road, Turlock
  • 440 E. Olive Avenue, Turlock
  • 1120 K Street, Modesto