PCDI Spring 2021 Meeting Dates
- Wed. February 3, 2pm - 3:30pm
Subsequently (1st Wed. of every month)
- Wed. March 3, 2pm - 3:30pm
- Wed. April 14, 2pm - 3:30pm
- Wed. May 5, 2pm - 3:30pm
California State University, Stanislaus is a collegiate community that serves a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and administration. These facets of diversity encompass but are not limited to: race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, creed, religion, age, social class, socio-economic status, physical and cognitive differences, political views, and veteran status. The University is intent on engaging with all of its community members in meaningful ways that support the values and strengths that each individual brings to this campus and building a community inclusive of everyone, more than recognition, tolerance, acceptance, and celebration are required. Stanislaus State also strives to teach, incorporate, mediate, and promote issues of diversity that go beyond the surface.
The President’s Commission on Diversity and Inclusion (PCDI) has been established to:
Develop a comprehensive three-to-five-year Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan with a specified timeline for milestone achievement of measurable outcomes and visible results. The process for the development of the Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan shall include the following elements:
- Affirm the University’s Diversity Statement, and align the Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan with the University Strategic Plan.
- Develop a campus-wide implementation plan that includes activities, education, communication, feedback, and ongoing involvement including:
- creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive campus climate supportive of students, faculty, staff, and administrators;
- assessing and ensuring that the campus’ curriculum and programs acknowledge and support diversity and inclusion;
- assessing, recruiting, and retaining a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and administrators; and
- assessing and supporting diverse external and community advisory boards and other partnerships.
- Secure campus-wide affirmation for the Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, monitor its implementation and begin progress reporting.
- Cynella Aghasi, ASI President
- Vacant, ASI Director of Diversity