Credential Application Information and Instructions
Please submit a completed Credential Application Form, along with any required documents, to Credential Services Office (DBH 303). Your credential application will be processed by a Credential Analyst and a recommendation will then be submitted using the Commission on Teacher Credentialing online processing system within an eight to ten week time frame (depending upon our workload). A valid e-mail address and a credit card for payment are required. NOTE: ALL examination requirements, coursework and TPA’s must be completed before a recommendation may be submitted to CCTC.
- Preliminary Multiple, Single and Education Specialist Credential
- Valid CPR Certificate - Infant, child and Adult (copy of the front/back of card)
- Submit your completed Credential Application Form to Credential Services, DBH 303 on the Turlock campus or the Enrollment Services Office at the Stockton Campus. You can also mail the form to CSU Stanislaus, Credential Services, One University Circle, Turlock, CA 95382. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL THIS APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO CCTC.
- Credential Services will check documents, verify eligibility and recommend for the credential. Requests will be processed in the order in which they are received and may take up to ten weeks before your file is processed.
- Once Credential Services has submitted the online recommendation you will then be notified via email from CCTC to complete the personal and professional fitness questionnaire and payment portions of the process. The current credential fee is$72 unless you have a credit for a Certificate of Clearance. The Subject line on this email will state: “CTC Notice - Recommendation for New Document.” You will now follow the instructions on this email to complete the process and submit payment. Within a day or two CCTC will send you a second e-mail that will include a payment confirmation number and verification that the credential has been issued. The subject line on this second email will state: “Your Authorized Payment Receipt.” You will receive one additional email that will provide the details of your credential and will contain a link where the online official record of your document may be viewed and printed by you. The subject line on this last email will state:“Notification of Document Issuance.” This online official record is your official verification which you can print and present a copy to your school district or County Office of Education. You can also attach this verification to your Ed-Join application for employment purposes. CCTC will no longer print out and mail official credential documents.
- Effective Date: Last day of the term, date all requirements are met, or the date application is submitted to Credential Services.
- Urgent Evaluations: If you have a job offer in which your employing district requires the verification letter as soon as possible, a statement in writing from the district and on school letterhead will be required for a “rush” evaluation. Acceptable documentation can be faxed to us at (209) 664-7058. It may take up to 10 working days to process this request.
|Education Specialist Preliminary/
|This form is used to apply for your preliminary/ clear credential.