Voluntary Self-Screening Form Instructions
1. Click on the appropriate Screening Form link:
- Student Screening Forms
- Staff/Student-Employee Screening Forms
- Faculty Screening Forms
- Guest Screening Forms
Please note: If using Stan State mobile app to access the voluntary self-screening forms, please refresh the app by dragging down on the app screen.
2. You will be directed to a Microsoft Power Apps link.
3. Sign in with your Warrior ID and complete the Duo multi-factor authentication.
4. If you are using a mobile device, the first time you access this link, you will have the option to “Open the app” or “Continue in browser”
You can complete the Voluntary Self-Screening Form in your browser or in Microsoft Power Apps.
- If you see a message that the “address is invalid,” click “OK”
- Tap “Continue in browser” to be directed to the Voluntary Self-Screening Form in the browser, OR
- Tap “Open the app” to download and install Microsoft Power Apps on your mobile device.
To download and install the app:
Tap “Open the app” to download and install Microsoft Power Apps on your mobile device.
- To download and install the app:
- Android device will open Google Play.
- Apple iOS device will open the App Store.
- Search for “Microsoft Power Apps.”
- Tap Install.
- Tap Open.
Once you have installed Microsoft Power Apps, the Voluntary Self-Screening Form link will go directly to the app.
5. Instructions on what you need to do will be displayed.
Students with a RED “NOT CLEARED” screen should contact the Warriors Take Care team with any questions by phone at (209) 667-3132 or email at email@example.com.
If you need technical support, please contact the OIT Technology Support Desk at (209) 667-3687 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protocol for Faculty, Staff & Student Employees
The California Department of Public Health mandates the enactment of enhanced mitigation measures to slow the spread of COVID-19, a communicable disease. Stanislaus State’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program applies to all University employees, volunteers, students, and visitors. It applies to all University programs and activities.
Symptom Self-Screening Process
Isolation & Return Protocol
- Everyone who enters campus must self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms and follow the Isolation & Return Protocol.
- Develop departmental procedures to ensure effective compliance with the IIPP for operations under their control. More information about the responsibilities of supervisors can be found in the IIPP on page 4.
- You can answer questions if an employee asks questions when calling in sick. If you do not know the answer to a COVID-related question, please contact Sandra Luna-Mota at email@example.com.
- If an employee lets you know they have new and/or unexplained COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19, reiterate the need to stay home, follow the Isolation & Return Protocol, and ask them to submit a COVID-19 reporting form if there is a positive COVID-19 test result.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the COVID-19 symptoms or test result of any student, employee or faculty.
- Not stigmatize or retaliate against any employee for COVID-19 related reasons.
Updated: February 24, 2023