Jump to: Screening Protocol Information
Daily Self-Screening Form Instructions
Everyone coming to campus must complete a Daily Self-Screening Form before coming to campus.
The Daily Self-Screening process has been updated to integrate with the steps that must be completed prior to coming to campus, including vaccination certification and weekly testing, if applicable.
Students, faculty and staff must complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Certification process. This process includes one of the following:
- Certifying & documenting full vaccination status, OR
- Verifying a religious or medical exemption, OR
- Certifying that you will not be accessing campus facilities
Details about this process for each group are available on the COVID-19 Vaccination webpage.
Students who have certified an exemption and faculty/staff testing program participants must complete weekly COVID-19 testing.
Details about this process for applicable groups are available on the COVID-19 Testing Protocol webpage.
To complete the Daily Self-Screening Form:
1. Go to www.csustan.edu and click on the Screening Form link for your group:
- NEW: Student Screening Forms
- Staff/Student-Employee Screening Forms (new form forthcoming)
- Faculty Screening Forms (new form forthcoming)
- Guest Screening Forms
Students, please note:
If you are coming to campus for class, complete the Student Screening Form.
If you are coming to campus as a student employee, complete the Staff/Student-Employee Screening Form.
If you have class and are also working on the same day, you MUST complete BOTH forms.
2. You will be directed to a Microsoft Power Apps link.
3. Sign in with your Warrior ID and complete the Duo multi-factor authentication.
4. The first time you access this link, you will have the option to “Open the app” or “Continue in browser”
You can complete the Daily Self-Screening Form in your browser or in Microsoft Power Apps.
- If you see a message that the “address is invalid,” click “OK”
- Tap “Continue in browser” to be directed to the Daily Self-Screening Form in the browser, OR
- Tap “Open the app” to download and install Microsoft Power Apps on your mobile device.
To download and install the app:
Tap “Open the app” to download and install Microsoft Power Apps on your mobile device.
- To download and install the app:
- Android device will open Google Play.
- Apple iOS device will open the App Store.
- Search for “Microsoft Power Apps.”
- Tap Install.
- Tap Open.
Once you have installed Microsoft Power Apps, the Daily Self-Screening Form link will go directly to the app.
5. If there are steps you need to take before you are cleared to come to campus, you will display a RED “NOT CLEARED” screen with instructions on what you need to do.
6. If you have completed the COVID-19 Vaccination Certification and COVID-19 Testing requirements, as applicable, you will be directed to complete the 5 daily self-screening questions. If you have answered honestly and the results are satisfactory, you will be cleared to come to campus and display a GREEN “CLEARED” screen.
DO NOT come to campus if you display a RED “NOT CLEARED” screen. Follow the steps on the RED screen.
Students: Be prepared to bring a device with you to class to display your GREEN "CLEARED" status, or bring a copy with you.
Protocol for Faculty, Staff & Student Employees
The California Department of Public Health mandates the enactment of enhanced mitigation measures to slow the spread of COVID-19, a communicable disease. Stanislaus State’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program applies to all University employees, volunteers, students, and visitors. It applies to all University programs and activities.
The Daily Screening Protocol is mandated by the COVID-19 Interim Guidelines for Institutions of Higher Education.
County Health Order (Current to CDC Guidelines)
The California Department of Public Health requires all Higher Education Institutions to conduct symptom screening of faculty, staff and students for potential COVID-19 symptoms before they enter campus. If someone has a temperature at or above 100°F or meets the symptom criteria, they must be prohibited from entering the campus.
Symptom Screening Process
Employee Screening Process
- Every employee must complete the Daily Screening Form each day before coming to campus.
- If an employee answers “NO” to all questions, a message will advise the employee they are CLEARED to come to campus.
- The employee’s supervisor, or Dean for Faculty, will receive an automatically generated email indicating that the employee is CLEARED to come to campus.
Exceptions to Screening Process
- Individuals who work for a contractor/vendor confirmed by the COVID Response Coordinator (“CRC”) to be conducting daily screenings of their own employees under State public health requirements are exempt from completing the form.
- If an employee cannot complete the Daily Screening Protocol, they can contact the CRC to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
- Not to come to campus if experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Complete the COVID-19 Daily Screening Form before coming to campus.
- Employees do not have to own or buy a thermometer; if they do not have one available at home, they can complete and submit the screening form based on self-assessment of symptoms.
- If not cleared, communicate with their supervisor as they would for any need to use sick leave. Employees can contact the Leaves Specialist for their leave options.
- Develop departmental procedures to ensure effective compliance with the IIPP and the daily screening requirement as they relate to operations under their control. More information about the responsibilities of supervisors can be found in the IIPP on page 4.
- Consistently communicate that employees must complete the Daily Screening Form before coming to campus.
- If an employee asks questions when calling in sick, you can answer questions. If you do not know the answer to a COVID-related question, please contact the CRC.
- If an employee lets you know they answered “Yes” to a daily screening question, reiterate the need to stay home and will be contacted by the CRC.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the daily reporting status of any employee or faculty.
- Not stigmatize or retaliate against any employee for COVID-19 related reasons.
Supervisors and Deans are responsible for making sure they receive a “CLEARED” (email, hard copy or call) for each employee working on campus each day.
Employees who enter any campus building and/or report to work on campus without first completing the screening form will be given a reminder, and repeated violations will be addressed through standard processes to address the failure to adhere to safety policies.
All employees will be notified that self-screening is being implemented, the criteria for workplace access, and a reminder not to enter campus before the screening. All supervisors (and any employees requesting such) will be provided with a copy of this protocol.
Updated: September 30, 2021
Updated: September 30, 2021