Wednesday, March 18, 2020
The coronavirus is changing how we live, work, learn and how we move forward. We want you to know that faculty and staff are here for you. We have seen acts of caring, kindness and dedication throughout this ongoing transition, and as a Warrior family, we will get through this together. Thank you for your questions, they assist us in identifying information you’re requesting, and while it is impossible to respond to the volume of individual emails at this time, we will do our best to include answers in these broader communications.
While classes are transitioning online, the campus remains open. Please read this email carefully for updates related to classes and the availability of campus resources.
Courses that are already online will continue as planned.
All classes will be delivered online, beginning April 2 through the end of the Spring 2020 semester.
Essential student services will continue, with many departments providing access online or by phone. These steps have been taken to ensure the health, safety and well-being of students, while enabling the University to continue supporting your degree completion during this time.
Open on campus, subject to social distancing
- Student Health Center - please call ahead at (209) 667-3396
- Food Box Distribution - will resume as scheduled
- Warrior Food Pantry - Student Services Building, Room 127
- Housing and Residential Life
- Campus Dining at Village Café - take-out only
- Computer Labs - Naraghi Hall, Science 1 and the Library Annex
Moved to online or telephone
- Academic Success Center - Online academic advising will be available for general education and graduation requirements, academic probation, pre-nursing and undeclared students through the Academic Success Center. Please note: You must contact your major department for major-specific advising.
- Learning Commons - tutoring, supplemental instruction and writing center services will resume on Thursday, April 2
- Psychological Counseling Services
- Disability Resource Services
- Campus Cares - crisis assistance
- Basic Needs Coordinators - CalFresh application assistance is available
- Undocumented Student Services - immigration legal services are available
- Career and Professional Development Center
- Student Clubs and Organizations
- Cashiers, Enrollment Services, and Financial Aid
Commencement: The campus is fully committed to hosting all commencement ceremonies at a later time that is deemed safe. Additional information about commencement dates will be shared as soon as possible.
If you are not able to find the information you need, you can Ask A Question anytime.
Fellow Warriors, we are grateful for your patience, kindness and care. This is an unprecedented moment in history, but we will get through it by recognizing a truth best articulated recently in the New York Times:
“Contagion is real, but it doesn’t just work for viruses. It works for kind words and generous thoughts, and acts of selflessness and honesty.”
With Warrior Pride,
Vice President for Student Affairs
And the entire
Student Affairs Team