The CDIP offers loans up to $10,000 per year over 5 years, with a maximum amount of $30,000. The loans are:
- Repayable over a 15-year period commencing one year after completion of, or withdrawal from, full-time doctoral study;
- Forgivable at the rate of 20 percent for each year of full-time postdoctoral teaching employment in the CSU or 10 percent for each year of part-time postdoctoral teaching employment in the CSU
In addition to the financial support provided by the loan program, CDIP ensures the success of doctoral students by offering mentorship support. CSU Faculty Mentors offer students many opportunities for collaborative teaching, research, and service activities. More information about the role of the CSU Faculty Mentor can be found here.
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible to apply to the CDIP:
- New or continuing full-time doctoral students currently enrolled in accredited programs in the U.S.
- Undergraduate and Master's level graduate students in the application process to accredited doctoral programs in the U.S.
- Lecturers who are enrolled full-time in a doctoral program are eligible and encouraged to apply.
More information about participant eligibility.