Applications will be available in mid-December 2018.
The award year begins July 1, 2019 and ends June 30, 2020. This period does not include the optional Summer Research Experience that takes place during the summer following the award (Summer 2020).
- Online Application
- Student Plan and Budget
- Essay 1
- Essay 2
- Essay 3
- Faculty Sponsor Form
- Faculty Letter of Recommendation
Steps to Apply
- If you are interested in applying, you must send an email to the Campus Coordinator with the following information to determine your eligibility:
- Are you enrolled in classes for the spring 2019 semester?
- Will you be enrolled in classes for at least one semester for the 2019-2020 academic year?
- Will you be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident at the time of application submission?
- After you have been deemed eligible by the Campus Coordinator, a meeting will be scheduled to discuss program requirements.
- Ask your Faculty Sponsor to provide you with an in-depth recommendation.
- Complete the online application packet (this is a template only)
- In collaboration with your Faculty Sponsor, develop a “Student Plan” (budget) for the funded activities you will engage in to prepare for entering a doctoral program.
- Compose your application essays in consultation with your Faculty Sponsor.
- If you would like feedback on your application essays, you may consult the Campus Coordinator.
- At least one week before the campus deadline, schedule a final meeting with the Campus Coordinator to review and approve your application.
- Once your draft application has been approved by the Campus Coordinator, you will be given access to the online website where you will submit your final application and attachments (all attachments must be pdf. documents).
- Submit your online application by the campus deadline, TBD.