College of Business Administration's
MEET THE FIRMS NIGHT EVENT
Fall 2018 Meet the Firms Night Participants
SAVE THE DATE
SPING 2019: MEET THE FIRMS NIGHT
Thursday, March 7th 2019
Fitzpatrick Arena, Stanislaus State, Turlock CA
Check-In: 4:30 p.m. to 5:25 p.m.
Event: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The purpose of this event is to connect you, the employer, with potential employees, our business students and alumni. We would also like to expose our students to the many employment opportunities available to them, both locally and nationally in a career fair setting.
All Business Administration majors are encouraged to attend the business career fair, especially Juniors and Seniors. Masters of Business Administration graduate students and alumni of the College of Business Administration are also invited. The event is free for students and alumni. Students are required to dress in business attire and are encouraged to bring copies of their resumes.
- Campus Event Map
- FREE Parking –Lot 8 for the event
- Business Check-In: Lobby of Fitzpatrick Arena
- Catering will be provided before and during the event for employers
Suggested items to bring to an event
- Items for 200+ students
- Company literature or pamphlets
- Career opportunity information, (internships or jobs) like job descriptions or handouts
- Table items including a tablecloth, decorations and/ or giveaways
Registration: Opens December 3rd
Deadline Closes: February 15, 2019 by 5:00pm
Registration received after the deadline is subject to availability and promotional flyer is not guaranteed.
- One 6-foot rectangular table
- Registration for up to 2 representatives
Registration & Benefits
Fall & Spring
|Fall only||Fall only||Fall only|
|Number of Representatives
|Up to 5||Up to 4||Up to 3||Up to 2|
|Sponsorship promotion on/in event materials||1st Tier||2nd Tier||3rd Tier||N/A|
|Sponsorship promotion in 19-20 New Student Guidebooks||1st Tier||2nd Tier||3rd Tier||N/A|
|Electronic Resume Book Access||6 months||3 months||1 month||N/A|
Additional Rep Fee $35
Payment and Refund Policy
- Event Registration is "Pending" until payment or billing option is completed. Once registered, an email notification will be sent for payment options.
- Payment/ Billing is received electronically through our secure server by Credit Card payment or Invoicing. A thank you email will confirm your billing option when you have completed the form.
- Following payment or billing registration, your event registration will be confirmed, logos will be requested and event logistics will be provided.
- The University's Financial Services will be providing official receipts and invoices via mail to employers following receipt of billing options. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing.
Once you have been notified that your registration has been received and accepted, the following cancellation/ refund policy is in effect:
- Cancellations received two weeks before the event IN WRITING will receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued after the deadline date.
- The University will provide refunds employers with outstanding fees.
Event Cancellation and No Show Policy
Employers that do not check in 10 minutes before the event will be considered a “no-show.” The table may be reassigned and the organization will be billed for the event. We cannot “roll over” sponsorships or provide refunds.
Suggestions for employers to increase recruiting results:
1. Become an Event Sponsor!
- Receive a multitude of advertising with our students in the weeks leading up to and during the event on our social media, emails to students and bulletin boards.
- Advertisement in the College of Business Administration’s New Student Guidebook distributed to over 500 new business majors the upcoming year (dependent upon sponsorship level and can be combined with Meet the Firms Night spring sponsorship)
- Access to 100's of undergraduate, graduate and alumni resumes via our Electronic Resume Book!
2. Post your career opportunities on HIREStanState
- Submit a job or internship opportunity on HireStanState prior to the event to inform students of the opportunities with your company.If you are attending the event we highly recommend posting
- If you are doing all your screening through the event you can add a note under application instructions for students to stop by your table if they are interested in the position to meet with you.
3. Utilize the Electronic Resume Book
- Resume book access will be provided to Event Sponsors Only. The resume access codes and links will be emailed to the main event contact for the organization.
- Utilize the resume book to assist you with searching for your ideal candidate
- Sort through specific concentrations, graduation dates, and student experience to find students that you are most interested in and then contact them directly.
5. Questions? Contact the Student Success Center Office in the College of Business:
Cari Rumayor, SSC Coordinator
Phone: (209) 667-3864