Gökçe Soydemir, Ph.D.
Foster Farms Endowed Professor, Business Economics
Professor, Finance and Economics
Department of Accounting and Finance
Ph.D. in Economics, Claremont Graduate School, 1997.
MS in Philosophy & International Finance, Glasgow University, 1991.
BSci in Economics, Middle East Technical University, 1988.
Business Finance, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, International Finance, Computer Applications in Finance, International Finance Management, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Verma, R., Soydemir, G. A., Huang, T. M. (2020). Are Smart Beta Funds Really Smart? Evidence from Rational and Quasi-Rational Investor Sentiment Data. Review of Behavioral Finance, 20(2), 97-118.
- Petratos, P., Soydemir, G. A., Strong, J. (2019). Asymmetric Impact of Advertising revenues on Consumer Behavior: A Bivariate Approach. Central European Business Review, 8(2), 1-14.
- Shin, S., Smolarski, J., Soydemir, G.A. (2018). Hedge Funds: Risk and Performance. Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, 6(1), 43.
- Campbell, A., Lindsay, D., Soydemir, G. A., Wagner, D. (2018). The Differential Impact of the Federal Reserve Rate Hikes on National and Regional Employment Figures: Evidence from San Joaquin County. Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 20(9), 20-29.
- Soydemir, G. A., Shin, S., Smolarski, J. M. (2017). Hurdle Rates and High-Watermarks: Incentives or Restrictions? Journal of Accounting and Finance, 17(1), 124-143.
- Soydemir, G. A., Bello, A., Smolarski, J., Acevedo, L. (2017). Investor Behavior: Hedge Fund Returns and Strategies. Review of Behavioral Finance, 9(1), 14-42.
- Soydemir, G. A., Wagner, D. (2017). The Asymmetric Impact of Rational and Irrational Components of Fear Index on S&P 500 Index Returns. Review of Behavioral Finance, 9(3), 1-16.
- Soydemir, G. A., Pratt, W., Bastida, E. (2015). Global Convergence of Health Care Financing in OECD Countries: An Equilibrium Based Asset Pricing Approach. Journal of Financial Transformation, 41, 70-81.
- Soydemir, G. A., Johnk, D. (2015). Time-varying market price of risk and investor sentiment: evidence from a multivariate GARCH model. Journal of Behavioral Finance, 16(2), 105-119.
- Soydemir, G. A., Jin, C., Tidwell, A. (2014). The U.S. Housing Market and the Pricing of Risk: Fundamental Analysis and Market Sentiment. Journal of Real Estate Research, 36(2), 187-220.
- Soydemir, G. A., Shin, S., Smolarski, J. (2014). Hedge Funds, Fund Attributes, and Risk Adjusted Returns. Journal of Economics and Finance, 38(1), 133-149.