The Career Journey for Graduate Students
The Career & Professional Development Center supports graduate students as they work through the process of exploring how their graduate degree can lead to a wide range of career possibilities and opportunities. For some graduate students, the path from their Stanislaus State graduate program to career is straightforward. For other graduate students, it is not. We are here to help students explore and launch their unique career journey.
Where to Begin?
The Career and Professional Development Center can help graduate students to:
- Assess interests, skills, values, strengths, and personality style
- Discover career options both inside and outside academia
- Create or update CVs, resumes, cover letters, and online profiles
- Develop job search strategies
- Prepare for upcoming interviews
- Build and grow professional networks
- Explore professional development activities
Graduate students in all departments and stages of their program are welcome to schedule individual appointments and participate in events.
What We Offer:
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment with our Career Coach. For appointments, please schedule an appointment on HIREStanState powered by Handshake.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 1:30PM - 3:00PM @ Student Center 205
- Thursday: 10:30AM - 12:00PM @ Student Center 205
- Thursday: 2pm - 3pm @ the Stockton Campus
Visit Explore Majors & Careers to find online resources for job and internship searches, career assessments, networking tools, resume feedback, and interview preparation.