In an effort to provide a more inclusive and transparent budget, Stanislaus State is pleased to present our Budget Transparency Portal. Stanislaus State has partnered with OpenGov to provide a web-based financial transparency and business intelligence tool that dynamically presents the University's revenues and expenses.
Stanislaus State's finances are structured on a multi-fund basis.
Annual Report Views
Tips for Using OpenGov
Here are some general tips on how to use OpenGov:
- The portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes a chart or graph, a legend, and various controls to view expenses by departments in the various funds.
- You'll notice the title of the chart or graph on top along with the account type selector. You can use the filter to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- To focus on a specific filter - like a fund, departments, expense type, or any combination - look to the left and use the menu on the side panel. These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select "Filtered By" the data filter pops up and allows you to turn on or off selected filters for that category - funds, departments, and expense type.
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data - an area graph, an area graph by percentage, a line graph, a pie graph, and a table. You can change your view by a type at any point by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are located on the top right.
- There are saved views on the left-hand side of the screen that were created for ease of reference to individual Funds, revenue, and expenditures sources, etc.
- You can also download the data into a spreadsheet or image.
What is OpenGov?
Founded in 2012, with headquarters in Silicon Valley, OpenGov transforms the way governments allow their constituency’s to analyze, share and compare financial information. With more than 1,500 public agencies across 48 states, OpenGov is the market leader in cloud-based financial transparency and shared reporting for government. The OpenGov financial analysis platform visualizes complex financial data in intuitive, interactive reports that make it easy to see how the University funds are collected and spent.