Keep your computer operating system and applications up to date. Set your computer to check regularly and install all system and software updates.
Mobile devices use different apps. Go to the location you get apps for your device to see what is available, including Bb Mobile.
Mobile devices do not have full Blackboard functionality.
Install and update a virus protection program on your computer.
Some updates require a restart.
- Use a browser supported by Blackboard, but be ready to use a different one on the list if you encounter issues.
- Even if other browsers can connect to Bb, they may not provide full functionality or they have not been tested and are not recommended.
Note for AOL and Internet Service Provider (ISP) Proprietary Browser users:
These browsers are NOT compatible with Blackboard. This is a known issue with the software that affects users of ISP-specific browsers.
If you use AOL or another ISP that has its own browser, follow these steps.
- Log in as you normally do.
- Minimize their browser to remain connected to the Internet.
- Launch a supported web browser.
- Log into CSUStan Blackboard.
You may need to return to your AOL/ISP browser occasionally to keep that connection active.
Warning: Switching browsers during a test/quiz may lock you out. You are advised to find a different location to log in to take tests.
Since differences in browsers, operating systems, system settings, applications, utilities, plug-ins, and personal settings can alter your computer's performance, be prepared to use an alternate computer, browser, or location when you encounter issues.
We cannot provide guarantees due to the way applications continue to change and how individual computer set-ups and Internet Service Providers can affect performance.
If you experience technical difficulties, contact the OIT Help Desk first, 667-3687.
For best results with Blackboard, use a high speed Internet connection.
Do not take tests using a wireless (WiFi) connection.
Turn off all browser popup blockers or set them to allow csustan.edu before logging into Blackboard, especially for test taking.
If you have turned off or set exclusions for your popup blockers and continue to have problems, contact the OIT Help Desk, L-150, 667-3687.
When you see the window with a Trust, Run, or Accept button, click it.
If you see a check box for Always Accept, click it.
Browser Plug-ins and Related Applications
Some courses may require plug-ins for your Web Browser.
Use the automatic update setting for these and other applications.
- Adobe Reader for PDF files - Mac & Windows
- Adobe Web Players for Flash, Shockwave, and Authorware Players - Mac & Windows
- QuckTime for .mov files — built in to Mac, download for Windows
- Java built in to Mac OS X through version 10.6, download for all others
- Windows Media Player for Windows media files - built in to Windows; Mac - see App Store for options to play Windows Media files
- VLC - free, open source, cross-platform multimedia player
Mac users, visit the App Store for free and inexpensive video players, converters, editors, and other useful applications.
Available for purchase
Flip4Mac to view Windows Media files (WMV) in QuickTime
Contact the OIT Help Desk, L-150, 667-3687, for technical assistance.
Applications, Programs, Software
Most courses will require an office suite such as Microsoft Office® (for a fee) or OpenOffice (open source, free, see Plugins & Readers).
Apple iWorks (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) will open and export cleanly to MS Office file formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
See your Instructor's information for specific requirements for your class.
Some software is freeware or open source; other software can be purchased as shareware or from commercial vendors.
Please honor the software creator's licensing.
You can use Google Docs (free with an account) to create and share documents from any computer or mobile device with web access.
NOTE: Exporting to MS formats may not work with TurnItIn assignments. Use Rich Text Format.
Computer Requirements for Blackboard
In general, keep your operating system and software updated.
Install and regularly update a virus protection application. See CSU Stanislaus Anti-Virus information.
You may encounter slowness or lack of response with software and systems more than 3 year old.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 2 GHz CPU or greater
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 20 GB free disk space
- Network connection - DSL or Broadband
Dial-up connections supported but not recommended
WiFi NOT recommended for tests
Optional: External or cloud storage drive(s), optical drive (CD/DVD), speakers, headset, printer.
See individual course requirements to determine optional needs.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, 7, 8
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
Note: JAVA Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 is needed for some Blackboard features.
JRE 6 may work for some but not all Bb features.
- The AOL browser is not compatible with Blackboard. Use your AOL browser to connect to the Internet and use a listed browser to enter Blackboard.
- Dial-up modems may be used, but connection speeds will result in slow page loading, choppy audio and video playback, and lengthy uploading and downloading times for files.
- Blackboard, Inc., tested JAWS 10 and 11 for Windows to meet accessibility requirements.
Linux: Blackboard does not list Linux requirements. Refer to the Mac OS X requirements.