Set your computer to check and run all software and system updates regularly.
Install and regularly update malware protection. See Plugins, Readers, & Software.
You may encounter slowness or lack of response with software and operating systems more than 3 year old.
View your computer or mobile device information at SupportDetails.
Use the information when reporting issues to Stan State Tech Support.
Mobile devices (e.g., tablets and phones) and Chromebooks are not designed for full Bb functionality. Use a Mac or Windows computer for full functionality.
- Search your mobile device app store for Bb Mobile apps and our Stan State Mobile App.
- Update your apps regularly.
- Avoid mobile apps and WiFi for tests and assignments.
Tested Computer Operating Systems
Windows - 7, 8; recommended: 10
Mac - OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)+; recommended: macOS 10.12 (Sierra)+
ChromeOS - Not supported for Bb
Bb requires some NPAPI plug-ins and Java, which are not included in the ChromeOS.
Linux - not tested nor supported (may provided limited functionality with Firefox)
Note: JAVA Runtime Environment (JRE) is needed for some Bb features.
JRE 7 and 8 recommended. JRE 6 may work but could result in unexpected behavior. Oracle acknowledged some security issues with JRE 6.
- Use a browser supported by Blackboard. If you encounter issues with one browser, use a different one.
We recommend Firefox. Google Chrome will support most Bb functions and tools.
- Keep your browsers up to date.
- Other browsers and older versions may work for some Bb functions, but will not provide the best Bb experience and may result in non-resolvable issues.
For best results, use a wired, high-speed Internet connection and a recommended browser.
- Contact your instructor first when you have test or assignment submission issues.
- Avoid taking tests using a wireless (WiFi) connection or a mobile device.
- Internet Explorer and Edge may display only the first and last questions of a test, hiding all others.
- Differences in browser settings, operating systems, system settings, applications, utilities, plug-ins, and personal settings can alter your computer's performance.
- Be prepared to use an alternate computer, browser, or location when you encounter issues.
- We cannot provide guarantees because applications continue to change and individual computer set-ups and Internet Service Providers affect performance.
Turn off all browser pop-up blockers or set them to allow csustan.edu before logging in to Bb, especially for test taking.
If you have turned off or set exclusions for your pop-up blockers and continue to have technical problems, contact the Technology Support Desk, L-150, 667-3687.
- Click the Trust, Run, or Accept button.
- Click the check box for Always Accept.
Browser Plug-ins and Related Applications
- Some courses may require plug-ins for your Web Browser. Verify with your instructor.
- Use automatic updates for these and other applications.
- Adobe Reader for PDF files - Mac & Windows
- Adobe Flash Player - Mac & Windows
- AVC Any Video Converter Free - Mac (also in App Store) & Windows
- Java - built in to Mac OS X through version 10.6, download for all others
- VLC - free, open source, cross-platform video and multimedia player
Mac users, visit the App Store for free and inexpensive video players, converters, editors, and other useful applications.
Contact the Technology Support Desk, L-150, 667-3687, for technical assistance.
Applications, Programs, Software
Most courses require an office suite such as Microsoft Office® (for a fee) or OpenOffice (open source, free, see Plugins, Readers & Software).
Apple Pages, Numbers, and Keynote will open and cleanly export to MS Office file formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Google docs will download files in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint formats from the File menu.
You can use Google Docs to create and share documents from a computer or mobile device with web access.
NOTE: Google Doc files exported in MS Word format do not work well for TurnItIn Assignment uploads.
- Open the exported Word file on a different computer with MS Word, save as a different name.
- In the Google Docs File Menu, Download As > Rich Text Format (.rtf).
- Share Stan State Student Google Docs
See your Instructor's information for specific requirements for your class.
Some software is freeware or open source; other software can be purchased as shareware or from commercial vendors.
Please honor the software creator's licensing.
Stan State has licensing and purchase agreements.
Optional Accessories: External or cloud storage drive(s), optical drive (CD/DVD), speakers, microphone, headset, printer, web cam.
See individual course requirements to determine specific needs.
Recommended - High-Speed: e.g., Cable, DSL
- Dial-up connections are supported but not recommended
- connection speeds may result in slow page loading, choppy audio and video playback, and lengthy uploading and downloading times for files.
- Satellite connections are supported, but you may encounter a latency (delay) that could cause issues with test taking, uploading, and downloading
- WiFi and mobile devices are NOT recommended for tests
For dial-up (e.g., AOL, NetZero) and other Internet Service Provider (ISP) Proprietary Browser users
Those proprietary browsers are NOT compatible with Bb.
If you use dial-up service:
- Log in as you normally do.
- Minimize their browser to remain connected to the Internet.
- Launch a recommended web browser.
- Log into Stan State Bb.
You may need to return to your dial-up AOL/ISP browser occasionally to keep your connection active.
Warning: Switching browsers during a test/quiz may lock you out of a Bb test. Have an alternate plan.