Click the tabs at the top to navigate to the main Bb pages.
- Customizable modules for tools and for entering your courses
- Click the wheel/gear icon to edit those with settings
- Click the Personalize Page button to select a theme
- Click the Add Module button to edit the modules
- Click the course name in the My Courses module to enter a class
Course Search, Course List, and Course Catalog modules
Non-academic sites in Bb for posting information, participating in discussions, and sharing documents
Store, manage, and share your content
The navigation links or buttons are on the left side of the page. If you don't see the Course Menu when you enter a Bb class, look for an arrow icon (->) or a blue or gray bar on the left side of the screen. Click it to open your Course Menu.
(Bb auto-hides the navigation menu on a small screen to allow more space for the content area.)
Click the links or buttons to see pages with the class Content and Tools. Instructors can customize these links and buttons, so names and layout may differ from course to course.
The default menu for a Blackboard course contains the following items.
A page for Announcements, Tasks, and other course modules
A wide-range of content items including learning materials, lecture notes, and presentations
- Information & Syllabus - The class syllabus and any general information about the course
- Documents & Content - Class notes, presentations, files, links, or other items you need for the course
- Assignments - Assignments information, such as the due date, description for class work, links to assignment submissions, and links to tests
- External Links - Links to select sites you will need to visit during the course
A direct link to the Discussion Board area of the class
Tools & Communication
Tools such as Blogs, Journals, Wikis, Discussion Board, Calendar, Groups, My Grades, Send Email, Course Portfolios, and Tasks
The Instructor's information, e.g., name, email, phone, office location, office hours, and notes
A link to the Stan State Student Blackboard Information and FAQ page that opens in a new window or tab.
A link to the Stan State Library page that opens in a new window or tab