Connect your Computer Directly to your Modem
Connect your computer to the Internet with an Ethernet cable from your modem to the Ethernet port on the computer.
If your computer does not have an Ethernet port, you will need a Thunderbolt-, USB-, HDMI-, or USB-C-to-Ethernet adapter.
- Find your modem.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the modem port labeled Ethernet or LAN or 1.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your computer Ethernet port or into the adapter plugged into your computer.
- Most computers are Plug and Play and switch to the Ethernet connection from WiFi.
- Turn off the WiFi connection on your computer.
- Reboot your computer.
- Open Firefox on your computer to test the connection.
If you have no Internet connection, check your computer network connection settings, make adjustments, reboot, and try again.
Contact the Technology Support Desk if you have connection issues.