Submit from Google Docs or Dropbox
Vimeo Demo (1:30)
Student can submit files from Google Drive™ or Dropbox to Turnitin through Bb. Work stored in a Google Drive format will automatically convert to a PDF file as it's submitted to Turnitin. Files from Google Drive or Dropbox in the following formats will be accepted in the existing format: MS Word, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, OpenOffice (ODT), Hangul (HWP) and plain text. This feature is available for single paper uploads only.
If you encounter submission issues, save/export the assignment in one of the listed formats, then upload it.
Google and Google Drive are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
Stan State uses the TurnItIn Basic connection.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Students
- Log into your account.
- Click the title of the class where you will submit.
- Go to the page with the TII Assignment.
- Click the View/Complete link.
- Click the blue Submit button for the assignment. If the Submit button is grey, submissions are not allowed for this assignment. A pop-up message will provide details.
- From the Submit heading at the top of the page, verify the Single File Upload option is selected. If Cut & Paste Upload is showing, click the arrow to select Single File Upload.
- Enter the Title of your paper.
- Select an upload option.
- Choose from this computer - Browse to a file saved on the computer. Select the file and click Open.
- Choose from Dropbox - Browse to a file saved to your Dropbox.com account and click Choose. (You may need to sign in)
- Choose from Google Drive™ - Browse to a Document file from your Google Drive account and then Select. (You may need to sign in and click Accept before connecting.)
- Click the Upload button at the bottom of the page.
- STOP, and WAIT for the next page to load completely.
- Verify the uploaded preview is the correct submission.
- Click Confirm to submit your assignment.
- Wait for the digital receipt to display.
Important: When your paper is successfully submitted, you see the digital receipt with a Submission ID number, which is confirmation that Turnitin has received your paper. The digital receipt is also emailed to you. If you do not see a digital receipt with a Submission ID number, your paper was not received by Turnitin.
- If there is no digital receipt or you are unable to upload your paper, there could be a problem with the file name.
Verify that the file name has only letters, numerals, hyphens, or underscores.
Verify there is not a space at the beginning of the file name.
- You may need to re-save your paper in a different file format.
- If submitting with Google Drive, you must allow third party cookies in your browser or attempts to sign into Google and upload from Google Drive will fail.
Do not use Internet Explorer for Google submissions.
Do not upload a Google Doc (.gdoc) file; that is not a document and will not submit.
- If you have an issue while using Safari, use a different browser.
- Firefox is the recommended browser.
- Apple Pages files must be exported as MS Word or as a PDF.
Contact your instructor immediately if you have any questions about or issue with the assignment.