These sites are not created by nor supported by Stan State or Blackboard. Some sites may not be updated by the provider.
The links are provided for your information. Use them at your own discretion.
The test generators work similarly. After setting up your questions in a word processor or plain text editor according to the site's directions, copy and paste the content into the test-generator text box.
Although some instructions reference older Bb versions, the downloaded file should work in our version (9.1).
Click the button to create or submit, and download the file that you will upload to Bb. Keep .zip files zipped (Safari Settings).
To create a test from a pool, see how to Reuse Questions (copying vs. linking).
Best Practices for Test Generators
- Avoid tables
- Turn off auto-numbered or auto-lettered lists in your word processor
- Avoid text formatting, e.g., bold, italic, underline, font size; it will be removed
Format the text in Bb after uploading the file
- Separate questions with one blank paragraph/line
Free Test Generator Sites
- Creates .txt for Tests or Pools, editable
- Question numbers are removed in the file generation
- Creates Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, True/False, and Essay, Matching, and Ordering questions
- Has a Help button with a downloadable document to demonstrate formatting
- Instructional videos may not play
Note: may not open in Firefox. If you have issues, try Google Chrome.
- Available, but no longer being updated
- Creates a zip file to import into Pools
- Creates Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, True/False, Essay, Fill-in-the-Blank, and Matching
- Documentation provided with examples
- Displays sample questions (Mult. Choice, Mult. Answer, T/F, Essay, Fill in Blank, Matching)
to edit for your items
- Generates text file for tests, zip file for pools
Recommend using zip file and import as a pool
- Help feature may not open
- Write questions offline in a text file
- Upload the file to Bb Tests, Surveys, or Pools
- Follow the Format Guidelines on the Bb Help page
- Go to the Control Panel - Course Tools - Tests, Surveys, and Pools
- Create new Test, Survey, or Pool
- On the Canvas page, click Upload Questions
- Click Browse to locate the file
- Optional: type a number in the Points per question box to set a default value for all questions
If the field is blank, all questions will be set to a value of zero (0)
You can edit individual question values later
- Select Submit and OK. The questions appear in the test, survey, or pool
You can edit and reorder the questions