Blackboard Student Resources
- Bb Learn for Students - YouTube Playlist
- Student Help.Blackboard.com
- Bb Videos for Students
- Protect your Reputation and Identity
- Connect to StanState Wireless Network
Working in Your Course
Communicating & Staying Organized
- Blackboard Portfolios - Artifacts, Create & Share
- Moving Around
- Save an Apple Pages document as MS Word file
- Share Stan State Google Docs
Download Google Docs in Microsoft formats
- File > Download As > Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Share my YouTube Video
Change Video Privacy Settings
- Show/Hide Bb Course Navigation Menu
- Test Taking Tips
Change your Password
TurnItIn Student Info
- Stan State Guide to TII/Bb Submission
- TII Help Center - Click Students
- Student Guide
- Similarity Report
- Submit from Google Drive or Dropbox
How do I log in to Blackboard?
Use your Stan State Warrior ID and password, i.e., if your email is AStudent3200@csustan.edu, your Warrior ID is astudent3200.
Your Warrior ID and password are the same for all Stan State accounts and login pages.
How do I change my password for Blackboard?
Go to myStanState-Initial Signon - Reset Password. Complete the form for Warrior Password Reset.
Visit the Technology Support Desk, L-150, for additional password assistance. Have your Warrior ID.
Update your password every 6 months.
How do I remove courses displayed in the My Courses module that I no longer need to see?
Click the small round icon on the top right of the My Courses module. On the Personalize: My Courses page, remove all the check marks from the row of the class you no longer wish to see displayed, then click the Submit button. Although you no longer see those courses, they will be available to you until they are turned off.
See Manage My Courses Module . Let your instructor know if you can see an older course.
What can I do if I get disconnected while taking a test or submitting work?
Contact your instructor immediately. Provide exact information about what happened and when. Take screen shots if possible.
Bb requires a stable, uninterrupted Internet connection. Even a brief disconnect between your computer and the Bb system can lock you out.
Unfortunately, information you entered that you did not save is lost.
Your instructor will decide how to resolve your issue.
Best practices to minimize your chance of getting locked out of a Blackboard test
- Use Firefox.
- Edge and Internet Explorer may display only the first and last questions of a test, not the ones between.
- Use a wired Internet connection. Wireless (WiFi) connections are less reliable. Avoid using a mobile device.
- Restart your computer before you begin your test.
- Open only Firefox to take the test.
- Do not open applications/programs that connect to the Internet, such as streaming music or videos, before or during the Bb activity.
- Do not open other applications/programs unless necessary for the Bb activity as required by your instructor.
- Do not
- Refresh your browser.
- Resize or close the browser window.
- Click the browser back button.
- Click a Bb Save button, where available, often.
- If you are on a home network that others are using, take your exam at a time when your network is being used lightly.
- If another computer, video game console, or consumer electronics product is using the network, you may lose your connection to Bb.
- Neighborhood usage can also interfere with a solid Internet connection. Be careful. Choose your time accordingly.
- As you take an exam, keep track of your answers outside of Bb. If your connection is lost, you will have a record of your answers.
If possible, take a screen shot when you have an issue.
- See more information at the Test Taking Tips page.
- Contact your instructor immediately if your connection dropped and you lost work.
Only your instructor can decide how to deal with a test/quiz or assignment if you have been disconnected. The Technology Support Desk cannot reset a test for you.
As an Extended Ed/Open U student, what do I need to do?
Registration forms are processed in the order they are received. Please allow at least three days for Bb access.
After your application is processed, your name will be added to Bb and you can log in with your Stan State Warrior ID and password.
Check with University Extended Education if you have additional questions (MSR 180, 209-667-3111).
Why can't I see my courses on Blackboard?
Student names are added to Bb courses before the first day of instruction. You will see courses in which your name has been added to the Bb course roster.
Bb courses are generally turned on for student access two days before the first day of instruction. Instructors may modify that.
If your instructor is not using Bb, the course may be turned off. If you know your instructor is using Bb, contact that instructor.
If you have a HOLD on your registration, contact Enrollment Services. Once the hold is cleared, your enrollment will be processed and you will have access to your Bb course sites.
What files can I upload to Blackboard?
You can upload most standard computer files (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, audio, video, images).
When naming files, use ONLY letters (capital or lower case), numerals, and the underscore or hyphen. Do not use spaces or special characters in file names.
If you are uploading multiple files, files from a non-standard application, HTML files, or executable files, place the file(s) in a folder, zip/compress the folder, and upload that zipped/compressed file.
How do I see test/quiz feedback?
On your My Grades page, click the name of the test/quiz to open the View Attempts page.
Click the Calculated Grade (number/letter) to see the Review Test/Quiz page with your instructor's feedback.
Your instructor decides what feedback you see when you submit a test.
The display may change depending on how your instructor sets the options.
Where do I see my Final Grades?
Log in at my.csustan.edu for your official grades.
Bb is our course management system for content and information about classes.
Not all instructors post grades in Bb. Grades posted in Bb are not official grades.
In Bb, click the My Grades link on the Tools and Communication page