The Stan State Health Career Pathways (SSHCP) program promotes student success and provides support to first year freshmen interested in health professions. Our services help students navigate the academic landscape with like-minded individuals. We ease the stress of course planning and class scheduling by pre-enrolling our students in designated Biology, Chemistry, English and Communication courses their first year (Fall and Spring). We offer personal and academic support through mentorship opportunities. Students are paired with an upper-class pre-health student mentor. In addition, we encourage community building and networking during monthly lunch/dinner meetings where participants can discuss strategies for success. Students will also get their registration and transportation paid for to regional health care conferences. All of our services are designed to help students stay in school and graduate successfully ready to pursue careers in health professions.
Top 5 Reasons To Join SSHCP!
- First Year Experience Cohort: traverse your freshmen year with likeminded individuals.
- Pre-Enrollment: get pre-enrolled in your freshmen year courses.
- Mentorship: you will be mentored by an upper class pre-health student.
- Support and Community: monthly lunch/dinner meetings are held where you will get a chance to meet other pre-health students and discuss strategies for success.
- Free Conferences: we will pay for your registration and transportation to regional health care conferences.
BIOL 1050 - General Biology I
BIOL 1050 - General Biology I Laboratory
CHEM 1100 - General Chemistry I
CHEM 1100 - Discussion
CHEM 1102 - General Chemistry I Laboratory
ENGL 1003 - First-Year Composition (FYE)
BIOL 1150 - General Biology II
BIOL 1150 - General Biology II Laboratory
CHEM 1110 - General Chemistry II
CHEM 1110 - Discussion
CHEM 1112 - General Chemistry II Laboratory
ENGL 2000 - Critical Enquiry
COMM 2000 - Public Speaking
Qualifications & Requirements
To qualify, students must:
- Be First-time freshmen interested in a health care profession
- Have taken the Math and English placement exams and completed any remediation requirements before fall term
- Complete the online application before New Student Orientation in the summer of 2017
To be a part of this exciting program, fill out the online application and email, mail or deliver to:
Dr. Mark A. Grobner
One University Circle
Turlock, CA 95382