- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Complete 30 units which meet CSU general education requirements with a grade of “C-“or better. These units must include the following four courses with a C- or better:
- (A1) Oral Communication/Speech
- (A2) Written English Composition
- (A3) Critical Thinking/Logic
- (B4) Math/Quantitative Reasoning (which is above the level of intermediate algebra)
Students who have fewer than 70 lower division transferable units will have to take additional courses.
Lower & Upper Division Writing Proficiency
All students must demonstrate competency in writing skills as a requirement for graduation. Students must first pass the Writing Proficiency Screening Test (WPST) before they can enroll in an upper division writing proficiency (WP) course. Both the WPST and WP course are not admission requirements. Lower Division and Upper Division transfer students should take the WPST upon acceptance to the University after they complete the CSU general education requirement A3 Critical Thinking/Logic course with a C- or better grade prior to admission. For additional information on the Writing Proficiency Screening Test, visit the WPST Website.