Request for Information
The Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BASS) program is an interdepartmental degree program consisting of courses in the following disciplines: sociology, communications, & political science.
The program offers a wide variety of courses that focus on human social interaction, and acquaints students with contemporary social problems, their causes, and their potential solutions.
Additionally, a course in the methods of scientific investigation in the social sciences provides students with valuable analytical skills.
Built on a hybrid model (face-to-face and online instruction), this program is designed with the working adult in mind.
Our program allows you earn one of the most versatile Bachelor's degrees currently available, in a format that is:
- Accelerated - The entire degree program is designed to be completed within 17 months.
- Flexible - Additional instruction, interactive classroom discussions, and self-paced assignments also occur online throughout each course.
- Affordable - Program tuition for the 50 units is $16,000. Financial Aid in the form of Federal Student loans and Pell grants are available for this program.
The Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (General Studies) Degree Completion Program prepares a student for potential positions in:
- Human Resources
- Customer/Client/Patient/Student Services
- Sales (Real Estate, Insurance, Automobile, etc.)
- Program Direction and Supervision in Public and Private Sector Organizations
- Law Enforcement and Public Safety Organizations
- Research Assistants in Polling and Behavioral Research Organizations
- Option to take the Single Subject CSET (California Subject Examination for Teachers)
- Application for Law School Programs
- Application for MPA, MSW and Social Science Graduate Programs