If your student organization plans on hosting an event open to the entire student body you are eligible to this funding.
Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) & the University Student Center promote student life by allocating funds from the annual ASI & SC Operating Budget to fund student organization ran events on campus. Student Organization funding is an opportunity for organizations to host events that benefit and broaden the educational, social, political and cultural experience of students on campus. Recognized organizations can request up to $1,500 per academic year to support programs, fundraisers, activities, and events, including cultural and diversity events.
There are three cycles each semester to request Student Organization funding. Fall 2021 Semester dates for each opportunity are listed below:
Applications Open: Monday, September 13th
Application Deadline: Monday, September 27th
Applications Open: Monday, October 18
Application Deadline: Monday, November 1
Applications Open: Monday, November 15
Application Deadline: Monday, November 29
The steps for requesting funds are as follows:
- Complete the Student Organization Funding Request Form. Forms must be submitted 10 calendar days prior to the committee meeting date.
- Meet with the ASI Student Government Assistant at least seven days prior to the ASI & SC Student Organization Funding Committee meeting.
- Attend a Funding Committee meeting to provide committee members with information about your event. It is recommended that you provide marketing/advertising materials.
- The committee will vote on the approval or denial of the student organization funds requested. If approved, the funds will automatically be distributed to your account.
- If approved, you must submit a Check Request Form and email it to the ASI Student Government Assistant to use the funds. Please review the procedures for filling out the Check Request Form.
We look forward in receiving applications from recognized student organizations to help enhance campus pride at Stan State!
For questions contact Maria Marquez – Interim ASI Student Government Assistant, at (209) 667-3848 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org