The Warrior Lobby Team is a committed force on campus that strives to let the student voice be heard by our elected officials. We work closely with the California State Student Association (CSSA) whose mission is to maintain and enhance access to an accessible, affordable, and quality higher education for the people of California, to the California State University (CSU). The Lobby Team is challenged with lobbying the 6 state legislators, and single federal legislator whose districts represent the majority of the population of Stanislaus State.
Ways to get involved:
- Apply to become a member of the Warrior Lobby Team to become a leader in revamping the basis of California’s economy (CSU System)
- Attend social and political events – talk about this issue (especially how it’s impacted you personally)
- Follow the actions of the California State Student Association (CSSA) who are the voice of all approximately 467,000 CSU students.
- Write a letter to Governor Jerry Brown stating your feelings about the budget cuts and how they affected you (Bring it to ASI and we will send it for you)
- Write a letter to/call your local legislator and ask them to support higher education.
- Most importantly, register to vote and vote on Election Day!
For more information or questions please contact:
ASI Governmental Relations Coordinator