Student Government Leadership Council is 10-week introduction and leadership development program. This group of students are given the opportunity to learn about ASI & USU, figure out what way they would like to get more involved, and get hands on experience working with ASI Student Government. This program allows students to “find their fit” within the organization.
The Associated Students Incorporated Board of Directors has sixteen members who meet every other Tuesday at 5:00 PM.
Benefits of SGLC
- Understanding the basics of ASI, its units, and their organizational structure
- Allows students to gain a general experience of Student Government at Stanislaus State and the University itself
- Learning Stan States Student Government and the development of leaders who know and understand the rules and regulations that govern the ASI Board of Directors (BOD)
- Understand of your own leadership style and learn the necessary tools to become an effective leader while at Stan State
- Forming connections with current and future leaders in ASI on campus
Expectations of SGLC Members
- Attend and participate at most Student Government Events (Example: Taco ‘Bout It, ------)
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to attend meetings, Tuesdays from 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Have a minimum 2.0 Cum GPA
- Be an enrolled student at Stanislaus State
For more information please contact Kylie Carpenter - ASI Student Government Coordinator at 209-667-3885 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.