The Student Government Leadership Council (SGLC) is a 10-week leadership introduction and development program. The program allows the interested student to get involved with Student Government and learn the ins-and-outs of the organization.
SGLC provides an introduction to ASI, its units, and their organizational structure. The program will focus on Student Government and the development of leaders who know and understand the rules and regulations that govern the ASI Board of Directors (BOD). It allows students to gain a general experience of Student Government at Stanislaus State and in the CSU.
The learning outcomes of SGLC are to assist students in gaining a further insight of their leadership style, form connections with current leaders in ASI and on campus, and expose Stanislaus State students to the necessary tools to become effective leaders while at Stanislaus State.
Benefits of SGLC
- Understanding the basics of ASI, its units, and their organizational structure
- Allows students to gain a general experience of Student Government at Stanislaus State and the University itself
- Learning Stan States Student Government and the development of leaders who know and understand the rules and regulations that govern the ASI Board of Directors (BOD)
- Understand of your own leadership style and learn the necessary tools to become an effective leader while at Stan State
- Forming connections with current and future leaders in ASI on campus
Expectationf of SGLC Members
- Attend and participate at most Student Government Events (Example: Taco ‘Bout It, ------)
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to attend meetings, Tuesdays from 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Have a minimum 2.0 Cum GPA
- Be an enrolled student at Stanislaus State
For more information please contact Kylie Carpenter - ASI Student Government Coordinator at 209-667-3885 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.