Warrior Lobby Team is a committed team to help inform and educate students on local, statewide, and federal issues pertaining to higher education. They strive to advocate for students by working with City Council members and legislators on behalf of ASI, California State Student Association (CSSA) and the University. Additionally, they promote the importance of registering to vote and that #EveryVoteCounts on Election Day!
Please visit http://www.registertovote.ca.gov/ to register to vote!
Warrior Lobby Team meets biweekly on Tuesdays from 3:30pm - 4:30pm.
Cal Student Association (CSSA) is recognized as the official voice of all CSU students. CSSA advocates for student needs, making sure their voice is heard at the system wide level. #MadeInTheCSU
Students have a right to know what policies and laws are being advocated for in their name!
The following are some of the bills currently being sponsored by CSSA, the official voice of the students:
- AB 710 (Cervantes D) - Postsecondary education: cost of attendance: fiscal matters. -
- This bill would require higher education learning institutions to calculate student costs each fiscal year using the most recent fiscal year data available
- This information will be required to be posted on every higher education institution
- AB 532 (Weber D) California State University Parking Fairness Act.
- This bill would require CSUs to make the price of each student parking permit lower than the price of any campus employee parking permit
- This would be valid for the same date or dates, time period or periods, and general location or locations on campus as the student permit
Warriors! The Office of the Chancellor recently released an official statement on the increase of the CSU Admission Application Fee increase. Starting on October 1, 2019 the application fee for applying to any CSU will increase to $70. The previous application fee was $55.
Warrior Lobby Team Highlight
Check out what your WLT is doing this month to advocate for students rights. See highlights that WLT has been working on throughout the month - highlighting spread awareness about CSSA and advocating about new policies!
In California we have:
- 40 State Senators
- 80 Assembly members
They are in charge of hearing different bills and vote to see if the bill reaches the governor's desk, the governor then reads over the proposed bill and may choose to sign it into law.
Assembly member Heath Flora (R)
12th District - Escalon, Lathrop, Manteca, Ripon, Hughson, Modesto, Oakdale, Riverbank, Turlock, and Waterford
578 N. Wilma Ave, Suite B
Ripon, CA 95366
Senator Andreas Borgeas (R)
8th District - Amador, Calaveras, Inyo, Mariposa, Mono, Tuolumne Oakdale Office
102 Grove Avenue, Suite B
Oakdale, CA 95361
Phone: (209) 848-8001
Representative Josh Harder (D)
4701 Sisk Road, Suite 202
Modesto, CA 95356
Phone: (209) 579 5458
For questions contact Diana Avalos - ASI Governmental Relations Coordinator at 209-667-3885 or email at email@example.com