UPDATE: The City of Turlock advises that the contractor has experienced complications due to rain and cool temperatures, which have prevented further paving. The paving will resume on Monday and Tuesday, April 28 and 29. Increased traffic congestion and subsequent delays should be expected as the university and surrounding schools return from Spring Break. Those traveling to and from the university should plan accordingly. All campus parking lots will remain open, but entrances on Monte Vista Avenue should be avoided due to construction.
April 14, 2014
The City of Turlock will soon begin work on the “Rehabilitation of Monte Vista Avenue Project,” between Crowell and Geer roads. Contractors are preparing to conduct grinding and paving operations along the entire project starting on Monday, April 14 and ending on Friday, April 25.
During this two-week period, parking along both sides of Monte Vista Avenue will be restricted:
- Barricades with "NO PARKING" signs will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of the restrictions.
- Electronic message boards will also be posted in both directions at least a week prior to this activity to advise drivers who regularly use this parking area.
- The contractor will keep at least one lane of traffic open in each direction on Monte Vista Avenue at any given time.
- Access to side streets will be subject to periodic delays when grinding and paving operations are occurring.
- Safety flaggers will be present in these situations.
We recommend that persons traveling to and from the university during this period plan accordingly. We recommend you allow yourself more time to get to campus and to use alternate routes or other campus entrances off of Geer Road, Crowell Road or Christoffersen Parkway.
Campus parking lots will remain open but access from Monte Vista Avenue may be intermittently restricted or delayed. If you normally park in lots 1, 2 or 11, using Monte Vista Avenue you should consider using other entrances to avoid delays due to construction. Please review the campus map to consider your options.
- Please drive safely
- Watch your speed
- Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you
Questions regarding this project can be directed to project engineer Nathan Bray, at email@example.com or (209) 668-5599 x4435, or to project inspector Manuel Quintero, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 678-5933.