Advising Workshop For Stan State Faculty Advisors
Monday, October 14
11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Tuesday, October 15
Noon - 2 p.m.
Please RSVP: Email Keith Nainby, Faculty Director for Advising and Learning Cohorts
This workshop is designed to support faculty advisors working with students during the registration period for Winter and Spring 2020 courses. Advising topics we will address include:
- Effective advising practices when working with Stan State students
- Use of My Academic Progress tools, including STAN Planner
- Math placement advising for students in both STEM and non-STEM majors
- Approaches to special advising programs such as California Promise and On the Cusp
- Locating advising resources on the Faculty Fellows web page
Download: Printer-friendly version PDF