Transfer Admissions

Upper Division Transfer Requirements

You will qualify as an upper division transfer student if you:

  • Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units
  • Have at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA
  • Are in good standing at the last college or university attended
  • Complete 30 units which meet CSU general education requirements with a grade of €œC- €œor better. These units must include the following four courses with a C- or better:
  • (A1) Oral Communication/Speech
    (A2) Written English Composition
    (A3) Critical Thinking/Logic
    (B4) Math/Quantitative Reasoning (which is above the level of intermediate algebra)
  • Complete the above requirements by the designated deadlines:
    Fall admission- coursework must be completed by the Spring semester prior to enrollment. Summer work is not accepted.
    Spring admission- coursework must be completed by the Summer term prior to enrollment. Fall work is not accepted.

​​New for Fall 2016 Biological Sciences & Kinesiology Majors

In addition to the upper division transfer requirements, transfers wanting to declare the Biological Sciences or Kinesiology majors must complete the following prerequisites with a minimum grade of C- or better: Expand/Collapse


Transfer Resources

ASSIST California Community College students can find course equivalents and how they can be applied when transferred
TAG The Transfer Admission Guarantee Program (TAG) offers admissions to eligible students from local community colleges
GE Grid The CSU General Education Articulation Grid gives course equivalents between Stanislaus and the following community colleges: Columbia, Merced, Modesto and Delta
Pre-Licensure Grid The Pre-Licensure Articulation Grid gives comparable lower division course preparation for admission to the Pre-Licensure Nursing program
Liberal Studies Grid Liberal Studies Articulation Grid
Associate Degree for Transfer Eligible California community college students who have earned an AA-T or AS-T in select majors will be granted priority admission to the CSU
Humphrey's Articulation Humphrey’s College General Education and course-to-course articulation
SJVC Articulation CSU General Education-Breadth Certification List for San Joaquin Valley College
Heald Articulation CSU General Education-Breadth Certification List for Heald College