Recommendations for Students with Disabilities
- For ADA accommodation requests, contact Disability Resource Services to determine eligibility and available services.
- Plan ahead and submit requests for alternate format textbooks and accommodations well in advance.
- Display a valid DMV placard when using Disabled parking space on campus.
- Contact DRS to arrange cart service for a permanent or temporary disability.
Contact your instructor about all course content issues, especially tests.
- NEW: A Guide to Understanding Visual Disabilities
- NEW: Helping Students with Visual Disabilities: Resources, Tools and Technology to Foster School Success
- 'From Where I Sit' Video Series
Event Planning Guidelines for Accessibility
Treat people with disabilities with the same respect and consideration with which you treat others. There are no strict rules when it comes to relating to people with disabilities. However, here are some helpful tools to creating a welcoming event.
- Planning an Inclusive Event.pdf
- Disability Etiquette.pdf
- How to Make Presentations Accessible to All
Recommendations for All Students
- Understand that everyone communicates and performs tasks at a different pace and in different ways.
- Review "Points to remember" when you meet a person with a disability.
- Protect and respect the privacy of individuals with disabilities.
Disability Resource Services
- Disability Resource Services
- Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Definition of Terms
- Disability Verification
- DRS Contact Information - Library Room L165, Call (209) 667-3159 or Fax (209) 667-3585
Campus Resources for Students
- Library Disability Support Services - Assistive Technology Lab L210f and L210g, Call (209) 667-3233 or (209) 664-6558
Psychological Counseling Services
- Psychological Counseling Services - Library Room 185, Call (209) 667-3381 or Fax (209) 664-7184
- Crisis Information
- Blackboard Accessibility
- Student FAQ, Videos, and Documents
- Help and Tutorials
- Welcome to Stanislaus State Blackboard-Log In