Membership for 2019/20
- Dana Nakano, Chair, Assistant Professor, Sociology email@example.com
- Mechelle Perea-Ryan, Co-Chair, Associate Professor, Nursing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Sandoval, ASI Director of Residental Life email@example.com
- Xamuel Banales, Assistant Professor, Ethnic Studies firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vivian Bui, Undergraduate Student, Criminal Justice Major, Ethnic Studies Minor email@example.com
- Björg Jóhannsdóttir, Assistant Professor, Mathematics firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jey Strangfeld, Assistant Professor, Sociology email@example.com
- Gurpreet Aulak, Recording firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 17, 2019, 3:30-5:00pm (B 211)
- October 1, 2019, 3:30-5:00pm (B 211)
- October 15, 2019, 4:00-5:00pm (B 211)
- October 29, 2019, 4:00-5:00pm (B 211)
- November 12, 2019 4:00-5:00pm (B 211)
- November 26, 2019, 4:00-5:00pm (B 211)
- December 10, 2019, 4:00-5:00pm (B 211)
- Propose to UEPC a process for reviewing and approving courses as satisfying the “multicultural” requirement. To inform their recommendation, the committee is encouraged to review the processes for approval of General Education, Upper Division Writing Proficiency (WP), Graduate Research, Graduate Writing, and Liberal Studies Inquiry courses.
- Engage the campus community in a review of the aims of the “multicultural requirement,” and submit to UEPC a proposal to affirm the current requirement or a recommendation for a revised title, description, and/or unit requirement, including a rationale for this recommendation. In addition to actively seeking input from all members of the campus community, the committee is encouraged to review the history of the multicultural requirement at Stan State, records from governance discussions about the multicultural requirement, similar requirements at other CSUs and universities, and other relevant documents about diversity and inclusion on college campuses.
Established by UEPC September 13, 2018.