Strategic Planning Steering Committee
Charge -- The Strategic Planning Steering Committee (SPSC) oversees the overall implementation of the university-wide strategic plan. The SPSC receives, reviews and takes actions on recommendations from the University Strategic Goals and Priorities Committee and advises the President on the University's strategic planning. The SPSC performs the following functions:
S1- Receives and takes action on recommendations from the University Strategic Goals and Priorities Committee and advises the President on University planning.
S2- Coordinates university-wide input regarding periodic revisions to the university's strategic plan.
S3- Drafts updates to the university's strategic plan.
S4- Sets directions for future strategic actions.
S5- Incorporates input from all vice presidents' strategic planning in support of academic priorities.
S6- Conducts periodic evaluations of the committee structure and process to determine if changes are required.
S7- Receives and reviews reports from the Strategic Measurements and Performance Assessment Committee and the University Budget Advisory Committee.
Membership -- Committee membership includes the following:
- Marvalene Hughes, President/June Boffman, Executive Assistant (co-chairs)
- David Dauwalder, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Mary Stephens, Vice President for Business and Finance
- Stacey Morgan-Foster, Vice President for Student Affairs
- William Ruud, Vice President for Development and University Relations
- Steve Filling, Speaker of the Faculty
- Alfred Petrosky, Speaker-elect of the Faculty
- Renae Floyd, Chair of UEPC (1 year)
- Randall Harris, At Large (term expires 5/05)
- Drew Sutherland, At Large (term 10/04 -5/07)
- Mario Estrella, ASI
- Phillip Rojas, Labor Council Member (term expires 5/07)
Non-Voting Liaisons and Administrative Support
- June Boffman, Executive Assistant to the President
- Julia Fahrenbruch, Chief of Staff, Office of the President