Xun (Peter) Xu, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Operations Management
Department of Management, Operations, and Marketing
Ph.D. in Operations Management, Washington State University, 2015
MS in Agricultural Economics and Management, Renmin University of China, 2010
BS in Management Science, Fudan University, 2008
BA in Chinese Language and Literature, Fudan University, 2008
Management Science, Operations Management, Quality and Productivity Management, Strategic Advantage in Global Marketing, Materials and Inventory Management, Advanced Topics In Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or Data Analytics
Supply Chain Management and Coordination, Service Operations Management, Logistics Economics, Globalization and Global Operations, Customer Behavior in Operations Management, Sustainability,
E-commerce, Data Mining, Text Mining
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Xu, X. (2020). How do consumers in the sharing economy value sharing? Evidence from online reviews. Decision Support Systems, 128.
- Xu, X. (2020). Examing an asymmetric effect between online customer reviews emphasis and overall satisfaction determinants. Journal of Business Research, 106, 196-210.
- Yan, N., Liu, Y., Xu, X., He, X. (2020). Strategic dual-channel pricing games with e-retailer finance. European Journal of Operational Research, 283(1). 138-151.
- Li, X., Xu, X. (2020). A comparative analysis between different resource allocation and operating strategy implementation mechanisms using a system dynamics approach. International Journal of Production Research. 58(2), 367-391.
- Xu, X., Jackson, J. E. (2019). Investigating the influential factors of return channel loyalty in omni-channel retailing. International Journal of Production Economics, 216, 118-132.
- Wu, Y., Wang, Y., Xu, X., Chen, X. (2019). Collect payment early, late, or through a third party's reverse factoring in a supply chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 218, 245-259.
- Yang, Y., Xu., X. (2019). A differential game model for closed-loop supply chain participants under carbon emission permits. Computers & Industial Engineering, 135, 1077-1090.
- Xu, X., Liu, W., Gursoy, D. (2019). The impacts of service failure and recovery efforts on airline customers' emotions and satisfaction. Journal of Travel Research, 58(6), 1034-1051.
- Xu, X., Zhang, L., Baker, T., Harrington, R. J., Marlowe, B. (2019). Drivers of degree of sophistication in hotel revenue management decision support systems. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 79, 123-139.
- Xu, X., Jackson, J. (2019). Examining customer channel selection intention in the omni-channel retail environment. International Journal of Production Economics, 208, 434-445.
- Xu, X. (2019). Examining the Relevance of Online Customer Textual Reviews on Hotel's Product and Service Attributes. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 43(1), 141-163.
- Zhao, Y., Xu, X., Wang, M. (2019). Predicting overall customer satisfaction: Big data evidence from hotel online textual reviews. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 76(A), 111-121.
- Lee, C., Xu, X., Lin, C.-C. (2019). Using Online User-Generated Reviews to Predict Offline Box-Office Sales and Online DVD Store Sales inthe O2O Era. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, 14(1), 68-83.
- Xu, X. (2018). Does traveler satisfaction differ in various travel group compositions? Evidence from online reviews. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 30(3), 1663-1685.
- Geng-Qing Chi, C., Ouyang, Z., Xu, X. (2018). Changing perceptions and reasoning process: Comparison of residents' pre- and post-event attitudes. Annals of Tourism Research, 70, 39-53.
- Xu, X., Wang, X., Li, Y., Haghighi, M. (2017). Business intelligence in online customer textual reviews: Understanding consumer perceptions and influential factors. International Journal of Information Management, 37(6), 673-683.
- Xu, X. (2017). Evaluating operating and profitability efficiencies of hotel companies. International Journal of Information and Decision Sciences, 9(4), 315-333.
- Xu, X., Xiao, G., Gursoy, D. (2017). Maximizing Profits Through Optimal Pricing and Sustainability Strategies: A Joint Optimization Approach. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 26(4), 395-415.
- Xu, X., Geng-qing Chi, C. (2017). Examining Operating Efficiency of U.S. Hotels: A Window Data Envelopment Analysis Approach. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 26(7), 770-784.
- Xu, X., Li, Y. (2017). Maximising hotel profits with pricing and room allocation strategies. International Journal of Services and Operations Management, 28(1), 46-63.
- Xu, X., Zeng, S., He, Y. (2017). The influence of e-services on customer online purchasing behavior toward remanufactured products. International Journal of Production Economics, 187, 113-125.
- Xu, X., Munson, C. L., Zeng, S. (2017). The impact of e-service offerings on the demand of online customers. International Journal of Production Economics, 184, 231-244.
- Xu, X., Li, Y. (2016). Examining Key Drivers of Traveler Dissatisfaction with Airline Service Failures: A Text Mining Approach. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management, 14(1), 30-50.
- Xu, X. (2016). Teaching the Mechanism of Horizontal and Vertical Supply Chain Coordination. Operations and Supply Chain Management, 9(2), 131-147.
- Xu, X., Li, Y. (2016). The Antecedents of Customer Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction toward Various Types of Hotels: A Text Mining Approach. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 55, 57-69.
- Xu, X. (2016). Revenue Sharing contract versus wholesale price contract in a tourism supply chain. International Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Resilience, 2(2), 114-165.
- Xu, X., Gursoy, D. (2015). A Conceptual Framework of Sustainable Hospitality Supply Chain Management. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 24(3), 229-259.
- Xu, X., Gursoy, D. (2015). Influence of Sustainable Hospitality Supply Chain Management on Customers’ Attitudes and Behaviors. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 49, 105-116.