Child Development Graduate Application Procedures
Accepting applications for Spring 2017.
Applicants must contact the Program Directors to request an Authorization Code in order to apply to the program.
Step 1: Apply online to the Graduate School at Stanislaus State.
- Contact all Universities and Colleges you have attended and request the schools send Official Transcripts to the Graduate School at Stanislaus State.
Step 2: Take GRE Writing Test. (For information about the GRE: http://www.ets.org/gre/)
Have scores sent to both the Graduate School and the Department of Psychology and Child Development. A minimum score of 3.5 on the Writing section of the GRE is required for admission to the Interdisciplinary Master’s program.
Step 3: Complete the Child Development Graduate Application Packet (PDF) and return to: Child Development Graduate Program Coordinators, Department of Psychology and Child Development, Bizzini Hall Room C231.
- Complete Graduate Application form (required).
- Attach a resume or curriculum vita (required).
- Attach official course descriptions for any child development related courses that need to be evaluated (as necessary).
- Attach a Statement of Professional Philosophy. Follow prompts on page 4 of this packet. Be sure that your name appears in the running head of the document (required).
- Submit one professional writing sample of your own authorship. The sample should show your ability to use professional sources and to write for a professional audience; it should be well written and documented in either APA or MLA writing style. Samples might include: essays, position papers, research papers or proposals; grant proposals, newsletters and magazines, training manuals, handbooks (optional).
- Complete the mandated reporter training online at:
www.mandatedreporterca.com . Print and submit the certificate of completion (required).
- Read the professional standards online and sign the agreements to abide by these professional standards of conduct on page 5 of the Program Application.
- Contact three individuals who will write letters of recommendation for you. These should be current and specific to these application procedures. Reviewers should send or fax the Confidential Recommendation forms to the: Department of Psychology and Child Development at the address on the form.
Step 4: Submit to Financial Aid Office if desired.
Complete FASFA - Institution Code: 001157.