The Center for Public Policy Studies at CSU, Stanislaus is a non-profit, non-partisan entity dedicated to research and public education about important policy issues and to providing a forum for discussing public policy issues with community representatives, academics, and policy makers in the CSU Stanislaus service area. The center is committed to facilitating regional and community problem-solving through activities and research projects that bring together diverse constituencies and perspectives to clarify issues, consider options, and build consensus.
The Center will strive to be the premier source of high quality, applied policy studies and information on the challenges and opportunities facing the northern San Joaquin Valley and adjacent foothills. The center will also strive to be recognized as the best vehicle for improving the public dialogue about the policy issues affecting our region.
- provide a forum to improve communication among community representatives, academics, and policy makers;
- develop data bases to assist in formulating responses and options to relevant policy issues emanating from national, state, county, and local governments and connected to the needs of the northern San Joaquin Valley and central Sierra foothills region;
- broaden the understanding of regional issues through seminars, conferences, and carefully researched publications;
- enhance understanding of issues impacted by distinctive characteristics of the northern San Joaquin Valley and central Sierra foothills; and, when possible,
- collaborate productively with other similar entities to meet the center's primary objectives.