Open University for Fall 2014 begins August 21.
Registration forms now available under Registration Information.
Who is eligible?
The Open University program offers educational opportunities for non-admitted students wanting to update their professional skills, make a career change or try out college-level academic classes. If you are currently admitted to the university, you are not eligible for Open University. Please register for courses through myCSUSTAN.
Students who've been academically disqualifed are eligible for Open University.
On a space-available basis, Open University students have access to courses at both the Turlock and Stockton campuses. Open University students are subject to all regular university rules and regulations.
Dates to Remember
- Instruction begins: August 21
- Open registration begins: August 21
- Late registration begins ($25 late fee): September 8
- Last day to add or drop: September 18
- Last day to request credit/no credit grading option: September 18
- Last day of classes: December 9
- Finals: December 11-17
- Open registration and classes for Open University, Fall 2014 begin August 21.
- Registration forms are available on this web page or in the UEE office located in the Mary Stuart Rogers (MSR) building, Suite 240 starting August 15. Online registration is not available for Open University.
Open University undergraduate registration form
Open University graduate registration form
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Instructor approval with his/her signature or a permission number is required.
- View the Fall 2014 class schedule.
- Note your course selection(s).
- Download a registration form from this web page or pick one up from MSR 240 starting August 15.
- Attend the first class meeting and obtain the instructor's signature or permission number on the form.
- Drop off your completed form and pay for course fees in MSR 240, or mail us your completed form with full payment. Deadline to submit form is September 8. If submitting by mail, it must be postmarked by September 8.
CSU Stanislaus Extended Education
One University Circle, MSR 240
Turlock, CA 95382
- Note: One form for each class is required.
- Courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Registration does not guarantee a course will not be cancelled.
- Undergraduate level courses are numbered from 1000 to 4995.
- Graduate level courses are numbered 5000 and above.
Fall 2014 Open University Fees & Payment
- Undergraduate Students: $322 per unit
- Graduate Students: $355 per unit
- Fees subject to change without notice.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Financial aid is not available.
- Payment plans are not available.
- Open registration: August 21 - September 8.
- Late registration ($25 late fee): September 9 - September 18.
- Last day to add or drop: September 18. If you drop a class between August 21 and September 18, you will only receive a 65% refund.
Additional Fees (optional)
Additional services, such as access to the Student Health Center and Recreation Complex, are available to Open University students with additional fees. Payments are made at the cashier's office. Please check the current campus fee schedule to determine the exact amount of these fees.
Students may use a maximum of 24 units of credit towards a California State University, Stanislaus undergraduate degree (please check with major departments for individual rules). Academic credit received in these programs will apply to your GPA and may also be transferred to other universities.
Please contact University Extended Education for the procedures and registration requirements.