California State University-Stanislaus
Research Analysis SOCL 4030
FINAL EXAM STUDY SHEET
1) How have computers impacted the study of statistics?
2) All aspects of building data files e.g. creating data files, value labels, etc.
3) What is the role of level of measurement in statistics e.g. levels of measurement, tie-in to appropriate statistic.
4) What are frequencies and how can they be used e.g. univariate analysis, cleaning, widely used.
5) What is multi-variate analysis?
6) What are the three measures of central tendency, what do they do?
7) What are the three measures of dispersion, and what do they do?
8) What are the basic assumptions of parametric and non-parametric statistics e.g. normal curve?
9) How does population distribution effect statistics, and how can one attempt to overcome problems?
10) Describe some of the techniques available in SPSS to manipulate raw data e.g. recode, compute etc.
11) What is the role of hypotheses testing in the research process and implications statistical analysis?
12) What are levels of significance e.g. what are they, role in statistics etc?
13) What types of errors are possible in hypothesis testing and how are they dealt with?
14) What are measures of association and their basic logic?
15) What are tests of significance?
16) What are the basic assumptions, when might they be used, and how does one interpret the output of SPSS in looking at:
a) PRE statistics
d) Pearsons R